*** Official #14 IOWA STATE vs Texas (SAMSUBA) Game(Day) Thread ***

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
in modern day times, it is almost criminal that the game not being able to be watched by 90% of the country.
not sure if I feel like spending 30 bucks to watch a basketball game or not, but maybe I will be a sling customer for the month. ugh..

I just know as soon as I purchase it we will get beat by 20.

CyFanz

Apr 11, 2006
If you have Mediacom (and certain other companies) as your internet service provider, there is a good chance you'll be able to view the game on ESPN3 if you use the link in the www.cyclones.com article titled
No. 14 Iowa State at Texas Primer found here: https://cyclones.com/news/2024/2/5/mens-basketball-no-x-iowa-state-at-no-x-texas-primer.aspx
Then click on the "Watch" icon and it takes you to the ESPN3 (not LHN) broadcast on ESPN.com. This is different than the LHN broadcast you see when you go directly to ESPN.com and search for the game. A good test to see if you can view content from ESPN3 (which is different that ESPN+) would be to go out to ESPN.com now and find something Live or On Demand on ESPN3 and see if you can view it. Again, you must use the link found in the ISU article...if you simply go to ESPN.com and search under Live or Upcoming events, it only shows the broadcast on LHN. Don't shoot the messenger if it doesn't work but in the past when I've been able to find an ESPN3 link for a game on LHN, it has worked for me.

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
If you have Mediacom (and certain other companies) as your internet service provider, there is a good chance you'll be able to view the game on ESPN3 if you use the link in the www.cyclones.com article titled
No. 14 Iowa State at Texas Primer found here: https://cyclones.com/news/2024/2/5/mens-basketball-no-x-iowa-state-at-no-x-texas-primer.aspx
Then click on the "Watch" icon and it takes you to the ESPN3 (not LHN) broadcast on ESPN.com. This is different than the LHN broadcast you see when you go directly to ESPN.com and search for the game. A good test to see if you can view content from ESPN3 (which is different that ESPN+) would be to go out to ESPN.com now and find something Live or On Demand on ESPN3 and see if you can view it. Again, you must use the link found in the ISU article...if you simply go to ESPN.com and search under Live or Upcoming events, it only shows the broadcast on LHN. Don't shoot the messenger if it doesn't work but in the past when I've been able to find an ESPN3 link for a game on LHN, it has worked for me.
Worth a try!

Reactions: jcyclonee

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I count 9 ESPNs in the second paragraph.

• Funny
Reactions: NENick

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Don't give LHN any more money. Listen to John and Eric weave the mental picture for you.
Listen to John and Eric

AND CONSIDER SAILING THE HIGH SEAS,

though this is not me encouraging others to find a stream on sportsurge.net or buffstreams (because I am an officer of the Court and would never do that).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Cardinal2001

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011

This is also the link being given on the L*ngh*rn webpage.

Thanks for the tip(off).

Dormeezy

Nov 2, 2006
Cedar Rapids
EDIT: I tried this and looks like the free trial does not include Longhorn Network...

KCCI article has a link to Sling 7-day free trial:

Last edited:

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
I have a bad feeling about this one, good thing I’m never correct!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I have a bad feeling about this one, good thing I’m never correct!

It was about now this time last year that ISU went on to lose 6/8 before the Big 12 Tournament so I'm curious to see what they come up with.

I think the offense is better and there's more depth so going .500ish the rest of the regular season gets them to 10-8ish which by and large would be progress no matter where the wins happen.

Reactions: Big_Sill

coolmooinlou

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 14, 2015
Louisville, Kentucky
Trying this seems to work (currently showing Jai-ala?- coincidentally Cyclones playing) However, I can't see a way to cast it to my TV. So instead I called DirecTV, is this available in Iowa? and added the additional sports package for one day. Cost of $.50. Still way too much to donate to Longhorns but now I can watch on the big screen while listening to John and Eric.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron