*** Official #14 IOWA STATE vs Texas (SAMSUBA) Game(Day) Thread ***

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
How on earth is that only third win at Texas? We’ve won at Phog more often.

He was a great defender with TJ’s staff coaching him.

With Gus Fring there’s not really much. We have three guards who are all better all around players right now.
Original big 12 we only played there every other year. Other than that just seems like it was one of those places we always had an off night when we had some of our better teams.

Bob f

Nov 9, 2019
Iowa
I agree, but some of it was definitely trying to save face. Only the best can beat texas, after all.

Still, love the Lipsey interview. He really did make plays which is the best way to describe what he does. He's certainly not a "game manager". Sound familiar?
So many pieces on this team. Good defense. Think the best to come. Killer instinct hasn't been installed yet.

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
Hunter is a fool and that's magnified with the direction he's received, or lack thereof, from Terry.

You'd be hard pressed to find a player that looks as clueless offensively as Hunter. In a way its painful to watch.

Glad he brought the Bluto Blutarsky graded effort tonight! Thanks Tyrese!
Man, where are those people who harshly criticized me when I said Lipsey is better than Hunter?

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Can’t spell s*ck i* without “ut”

Don’t let the door hit where the good lord split ya, Longhorns!

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Yes but it’s always easy to say. Do they come out as focused and sharp in the first half tonight if we get that win? They are human and naturally would want to come out with extra juice after letting that one slip away.
True. And who of us would have turned down a sure 1 - 1 on the Texas road trip? It worked out.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
tfw65.gif

Wonder what she is up to these days

• Agree
Reactions: burn587

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Original big 12 we only played there every other year. Other than that just seems like it was one of those places we always had an off night when we had some of our better teams.

Felt like during the hoiberg era some of our teams struggled when the atmosphere was dull and sleepy. And texas usually fit the bill there in their old arena (as did Tech, often, before Beard got things going)

• Agree
Reactions: tim_redd