*** Official #19 Iowa VS IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
What's weird is that they were really good on 3rd and short but bad on 3rd and long.

We looked bad when we only rushed 3 on those obvious 3rd and longs.....the process and scheme is bend and don't break, and it sure as hell bends...it bends a lot.
I salute the warriors who were rushing on those obvious pass situations. When we had a blitz, it generally worked for us...mostly on hurrying the pass. Why not always send an extra pass rusher from some random angle...it worked.
So freaking Iowa State. Still gonna have to wait for the returned missed extra point attempt mistakenly awarded 6 points by referees...but I am sure that way of losing is coming.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
At the end of the day the offensive line was pretty good, our QB is a Sophomore and is really good (I believed that we would drive down the field and score), Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin' is very good and I'm still a Cyclone and not an arrogant jagoff Hawkeye fan.

• Winner
Reactions: BCClone

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
We looked bad when we only rushed 3 on those obvious 3rd and longs.....the process and scheme is bend and don't break, and it sure as hell bends...it bends a lot.
I salute the warriors who were rushing on those obvious pass situations. When we had a blitz, it generally worked for us...mostly on hurrying the pass. Why not always send an extra pass rusher from some random angle...it worked.
So freaking Iowa State. Still gonna have to wait for the returned missed extra point attempt mistakenly awarded 6 points by referees...but I am sure that way of losing is coming.
I'm a little confused. Is this the real dirtyninety? Three paragraphs and only the third one makes a sort of random statement? You said it yourself once. Keep Dirtyninety weird!

nocsious3

Aug 23, 2013
The punt team only practices one play each week and it's called the fair catch play. Leave it to them to screw that up.

The flag on the "hold" seemed like it was thrown about the same time the ball reached the receiver. The defender had already been laying on the ground for several seconds after that flag came out. The hold was suspect but the timing even more so.

Iowa State looked like it had better talent. That's not often the case against Iowa.

It's like this staff finds ways to win stats like yards per play but invents ways to not score.

SevereStorm

Sep 5, 2015
I just rewatched that last play on the PI and holding call. It’s mind boggling how that can be called holding. Sucks to be so close despite that and we still found a way to lose with special teams play. Still love this team and all, but that was pretty devastating.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Saw a stat that said in the past 5 games against ISU, Iowa has ZERO turnovers. We had two today, one costs us at least a field goal, and the other sealed the win for Iowa.

We outgained Iowa by right around 100 yards, but as good as the defense played we still gave up way too many 3rd and long plays, the 3rd and 22 was a killer. We had trouble putting Stanley on the ground with missed tackles.

Two evenly matched teams, Iowa did enough to escape with the win, I am really getting tired of losing to Iowa.