*** Official #20 BYU vs #6 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Watching on TV, I can't remember the crowd sounding that loud before. I had to lay down with one of my kids at the beginning of the second half but could hear the TV in the other room and it was nuts. Even when we lost ground the first five minutes after half, the crowd was going wild every possession. It felt like a run was imminent.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
For example...

Our few bootlicker fans who thought that was a good call should be embarrassed. That is a basket and foul more than 99% of the time.

A few BYU fans were chirping that the refs cost them the game...that was two points taken off the board in a one point game under a minute left. Really hard to argue the officiating hurt BYU last night.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Our few bootlicker fans who thought that was a good call should be embarrassed. That is a basket and foul more than 99% of the time.

A few BYU fans were chirping that the refs cost them the game...that was two points taken off the board in a one point game under a minute left. Really hard to argue the officiating hurt BYU last night.
@HFCS is complaining about officiating!? Wild, never saw it coming.

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
Watching on TV, I can't remember the crowd sounding that loud before. I had to lay down with one of my kids at the beginning of the second half but could hear the TV in the other room and it was nuts. Even when we lost ground the first five minutes after half, the crowd was going wild every possession. It felt like a run was imminent.
OU game in 2015, then OSU Big Country game, then this one.

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
My head canon is that she and Steele Jantz are together and restoring an 1880's Victorian home on what they make renting scooters to people on a beach somewhere.
1880's Victorian might look a little out of place in the Virgin Islands.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Just watching the replay now, what an absolute travesty of a call on BRE getting fouled. That's one of the worst calls I've ever seen.

That could have easily cost us the game and at the very least it cost BRE his moment on senior night.

It was an awful call, no doubt about it, but I really do think that BRE had his moment with his layup towards the end that gave us the 64-63 lead that we never gave up afterwards.

And the more I've seen it on replay the more impressed I am with the shot. It was by no means an easy, open layup!

I mentioned it earlier in a different thread, but Hasan's two free throws were absolutely huge. They happened right after Tamin's big 3-pointer with the lucky roll, and gave us our first lead since the first half. Granted, BYU did tie the game and got the lead back afterwards (albeit for just a moment or two), but those two free throws gave us the proverbial shot in the arm down the stretch.

And ironically enough, for all the awareness that BRE isn't a good FT shooter is that Hasan only shoots 57% himself from the line. But those two shots last night were nothing but net.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Just watching the replay now, what an absolute travesty of a call on BRE getting fouled. That's one of the worst calls I've ever seen.

That could have easily cost us the game and at the very least it cost BRE his moment on senior night.

I disagree, it was an iffy call, but Hall had him wrapped up from about the time the shot went up. The thing the refs got wrong was calling it on Richie Saunders, who got him on the shot, and not Dallin Hall.

The worse calls were the foul on Gilbert when he had the clean steal and the break away (2:37 left) and the one where King got absolutely hacked after several offensive rebounds - and Settles said it was good reffing. The first 3 shots were okay, but on the fourth one he was absolutely mauled (10:36 left ).

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Most every time I get a look at another school's board, I again say "Thanks CF!" I appreciate our board so much.

Their format is another that is outdated.
From the BYU message board:

7. Campus was cool to walk around on. Tons of really awesome historical buildings in very good shape. It was a fun campus to visit. I look forward to the day when karma bites them and they are left out of the next realignment.

Ha. Really. Iowa State may not have that problem didn't we beat these guys in football too.

By the way for a bunch of Mormons they sure follow the Pope.

Reactions: BigCyFan

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I was wondering if he was nursing something. He hasn't been obviously favoring anything specific, but he just suddenly went from looking like an all-conference guard for the middle half of the season to recently struggling to score much or even get good shots.

Keshon's scoring from 1/16-2/19 (@BYU - @HOU):
16,20,15,16,24,8,13,12,24,17, shot 47% in these games

Keshon's scoring in the other four games since @HOU:
8,8,11,8, shot 24% in these games
Apparently he is battling some sort of injury or soreness.