MLB: ***OFFICIAL 2014 MLB Postseason Thread***

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
James Shields once again proving that he has the most ridiculous nickname in sports. James Worthy needs to fly to KC, deliver a swift kick to the junk, and demand that Shields pay him royalties for ruining a once fantastic nickname.

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
MadBum is going to have a stellar pitching career, but the rest of the pitching for SF is pretty average. I would be more concerned if KC doesn't perform against them. Shields never had it tonight, but hopefully Ventura rights the ship tomorrow.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
MadBum is going to have a stellar pitching career, but the rest of the pitching for SF is pretty average. I would be more concerned if KC doesn't perform against them. Shields never had it tonight, but hopefully Ventura rights the ship tomorrow.
Yep. Game 1 Shields vs. MadBum was pretty much penciled in as a SF win as soon as it was announced, especially with how Shields has pitched in the postseason. He's just trying too hard out there. I don't think trying to impress for impending free agency helps an already nervous situation. Hopefully KC can get back in their winning way tonight. We need to keep SF off the scoreboard early so the crowd will stay in the game and KC needs to get some dang hits strung together by some of the guys that can create some havoc on the base paths and get the team pumped up and feeling good again. Critical game tonight; can't leave town down 0-2 or it is over.