MLB: ***Official 2016 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Too much randomness in baseball to ever feel comfortable with any predictions in the playoffs, but I have a really hard team seeing this team not winning at least 90 games. Theo and co have done a great job of not only building a high ceiling team, but one with a high floor as well.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
AL East: Blue Jays (top seed)
AL Central: Indians
AL West: Astros
AL Wild Card: Royals over Rangers

NL Central: Cubs (top seed)
NL East: Nationals
NL West: Giants
NL Wild Card: Dodgers over Mets

Divisional:
Cubs over Dodgers
Giants over Nationals

Royals over Blue Jays
Astros over Indians

Pennants:
Cubs over Giants
Astros over Royals

World Series:
Cubs over Astros

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
2012 Starting Lineup compared to what I project tonight (no entirely fair, as Cubs opening in AL park this year, but still):

2012 2016
1. DeJesus, RF 1. Fowler, CF
2. Barney, 2B 2. Heyward, RF
3. Castro, SS 3. Bryant, 3B
4. Soriano, LF 4. Rizzo, 1B
5. Stewart, 3B 5. Zobrist, 2B
6. Baker, 1B 6. Schwarber, DH/LF
7. Byrd, CF 7. Soler, DH/LF
8. Soto, C 8. Montero, C
9. Dempster, P 9. Russell, SS
P. Arrieta

Quite the change. Anybody see the lineup differently tonight?

EDIT: Sorry for the format. Looked a heck of a lot better when I submitted it. Oh well...you get the gist.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bret44

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Sounded like La Stella may DH instead of Soler tonight from what I've read and possibility of Zobrist hitting 3rd and Bryant 5th too.

One question I have is do you think Szczur is on bought time and will be the odd man out when Baez comes off the DL? I don't know who else they would cut or send down, Szczur is out of options they'd have to send him through waivers

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Sounded like La Stella may DH instead of Soler tonight from what I've read and possibility of Zobrist hitting 3rd and Bryant 5th too.

One question I have is do you think Szczur is on bought time and will be the odd man out when Baez comes off the DL? I don't know who else they would cut or send down, Szczur is out of options they'd have to send him through waivers

with all due respect to Mr Szczur, he's not really the caliber of player you worry about if he doesn't make it through waivers.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Yeah, I'm not concerned about losing Szczur. I like him, and it's nice to have him, but I'd rather have LaStella, Kawasaki (he'll be up eventually) and Ramirez (I think he'll prove to be very valuable, even if he's not quite the same pitcher we saw in 2014).

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

Yes and agree with Clark, Szczur is just a guy. John Andreoli is a very similar player in AAA with three option years left ready to take his spot.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Oh I agree about Szczur, he's not indispensable by any means but if he has to go through waivers he probably gets claimed and will not be back with the Cubs I bet. I think Kawasaki makes it up a some point too and how can you not love a guy that has some killer karaoke talent too!

[video=youtube;COdrxYspQQ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COdrxYspQQ4[/video]

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Oh I agree about Szczur, he's not indispensable by any means but if he has to go through waivers he probably gets claimed and will not be back with the Cubs I bet. I think Kawasaki makes it up a some point too and how can you not love a guy that has some killer karaoke talent too!

Yeah I agree that he would be claimed too. The Cubs 40 man has just a few more spots to go until we get to the point where pulling anyone off of it will be somewhat painful. But that's how you want it to be an a huge improvement from 2012-13 when the Cubs were claiming guys left and right because almost every other team had a better 40 man than us.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
For those in Central Iowa and turn on ESPN2 tonight and it potentially shows up as Blacked Out it appears that Fox (KDSM) is showing the game. At least it appears on my guide to be shown (as long as if it's correct).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron