NBA: ***Official 2017-2018 Playoffs Thread***

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
DajogKGWAAAsvS6.jpg:large

Games start Saturday. The only first round series in the east that intrigues me is Cavs Pacers. West is going to be in sane as difference between 3 seed and 8 seed was 2 games.

Thunder Jazz and Blazers Pelicans series could go either way.

Reactions: cyhawkdmb

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

Games start Saturday. The only first round series in the east that intrigues me is Cavs Pacers. West is going to be in sane as difference between 3 seed and 8 seed was 2 games.

If that can go either way so can Warriors-Spurs.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Go Wolves. Haven't been excited about them since Fred played for them.

Also, when is the last time all 16 teams had a winning record? The East finally pulling its weight?

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Cavs will not have a problem with the Pacers. They will win in 4 or 5. They are getting to the ECF again, and will beat the Raptors in 6 to get there.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I would really enjoy seeing a couple of you from the regular season thread eating a bag of crow.

I'll bet. They've had a great regular season. If I had a vote Dwayne Casey would be right up there for COY. But as far as postseason goes, they still have to prove it. The same goes for the Rockets in the West. To most fans the road still goes through Golden State and Cleveland, regardless of seeding.

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017

I'd be epic if Portland beats Golden state in round 2. I have the Rockets Cavs in the finals

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Cavs will not have a problem with the Pacers. They will win in 4 or 5. They are getting to the ECF again, and will beat the Raptors in 6 to get there.

I think Indy can get them to five games for sure, maybe six. They're better than you think. Ultimately Lebron will be too much, but everywhere else they match up pretty well. Big prove-it series for Myles Turner. He's taken a step backwards this season but if he can find his game and at least play Kevin Love to a draw then that'll make things more interesting.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
ECF: Cavs vs 76ers.
WCF: Warriors vs Rockets.

Ratings through the roof.

I don't know what to make of the SIxers. On their side they have a great draw - Boston's weakened by injury and Milwaukee staggered into the postseason. And a sixteen game win streak is impressive. But look at who they played during that stretch - in sixteen games they played four teams with a winning record. And at some the fact that Ben Simmons can't shoot and the team's general lack of playoff experience should come into play, I just don't know when. Hell, maybe the Heat can push them a little bit in the first round.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Interesting Stat of the Day: The NorthWest Division was the most competitive Division in NBA history this year.

The 1st place team and the 5th place team were only decided by 3 games. 4 teams in the playoffs of the 5, and the 5th was #9 seed. The previous record for closest differential between 1&5 was 11 games...

Last edited:

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
I'll bet. They've had a great regular season. If I had a vote Dwayne Casey would be right up there for COY. But as far as postseason goes, they still have to prove it. The same goes for the Rockets in the West. To most fans the road still goes through Golden State and Cleveland, regardless of seeding.

That's the stance most Toronto fans are taking. The brakes are pumped, because of the struggles Kyle and DeMar have had in previous postseasons. However, the bench will play a large part in negating that this year. With Boston getting back to full health next year and Philly surging and being so young, a lot of us feel like this is as good of a chance we'll have at making the finals. Although if you would have told me when I starting following the team in Kindergarten that we'd pull off five playoff appearances in a row (and counting) I would have been over the moon.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
That's the stance most Toronto fans are taking. The brakes are pumped, because of the struggles Kyle and DeMar have had in previous postseasons. However, the bench will play a large part in negating that this year. With Boston getting back to full health next year and Philly surging and being so young, a lot of us feel like this is as good of a chance we'll have at making the finals. Although if you would have told me when I starting following the team in Kindergarten that we'd pull off five playoff appearances in a row (and counting) I would have been over the moon.

Yeah, they've had a good run in the East. It's just bad luck that their run has coincided with Lebron's prime.

Their bench has been really good all season. I'm just not sure it'll matter as much in the postseason when everyone starts shortening their rotations. But if they were ever going to break through, this feels like it has to be the year to do it. IMO the Cavs are the favorites, but only because of the Lebron factor. Every team is vulnerable or has some glaring weakness.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
With limited knowledge of NBA ’18, I’ll post prediction for the heck of it. Don’t ask me to qualify my choices, but feel free to point and laugh. :)

First round series results, conference title matchups and championship series.

First round
WEST
Rockets over Wolves, 4-0
Jazz over Thunder, 4-3
Pelicans over Blazers, 4-2 (**Shocker Special**)
Warriors over Spurs, 4-3
EAST
Raptors over Wizards, 4-2
Cavs over Pacers, 4-1
76ers over Heat, 4-2
Celtics over Bucks, 4-2

Conference Finals
WEST
Rockets over Warriors, 4-2
EAST
Cavs over 76ers, 4-2

NBA Finals
Rockets over Cavs, 4-3

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Pretty chalk besides the heat beating sixers in 6. Utah winning wouldn’t surprise me either

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
A LOT of young talent on these teams.

I thought the Bucks would win this series pretty easily with the C's injuries. Could end up going 7 games. Brad Stevens is an incredible coach.