***Official 2018-19 Transfer Thread***

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Since he was basically out the door before finding out UCLA wouldn't pay his buy out, it's hard to blame them. The writing is on the wall.

Agreed. It's still amazing to me how badly that whole deal was botched by UCLA, Dixon, and TCU. Now nobody is happy, except maybe UCLA. And I'm still not sold on Cronin there. I don't think he'll win right away and I question UCLA's ability to be patient with him.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Agreed. It's still amazing to me how badly that whole deal was botched by UCLA, Dixon, and TCU. Now nobody is happy, except maybe UCLA. And I'm still not sold on Cronin there. I don't think he'll win right away and I question UCLA's ability to be patient with him.

Yeah, totally unprofessional. Have to work out a big detail like that before it gets that far.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Yeah, totally unprofessional. Have to work out a big detail like that before it gets that far.

Well, supposedly Dixon told UCLA that TCU would be flexible on the actual buyout amount. Turns out they weren't. But your point still stands.

Cyke

Jun 22, 2011
Des Moines, IA
6’3 175 pound guard

Averaged 14 last year and shot 41% from 3.

As a Jr averaged 12 a game and shot 47% from 3.

Maybe we showed interest before Bolton? Then again, he just announced that he was transferring a few days ago.

Might be someone I’d be willing to “make room for”. Especially if Bolton doesn’t get his waiver.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
He’s said if Oregon offers, that’s where he’s going.
You’re right, he’ll go to Oregon but it’s interesting ISU has reached out to a kid that announced his transfer yesterday considering they’re full on scholarships. Prohm is a good guy but if he could land a kid like this he’d run someone off to make room for him.

• Agree
Reactions: ChickenNuggetMan

hoopitup

Feb 8, 2012
West Des Moines

I definitely agree that UCLA may not be patient with him. But he does know how to win. Been to 8-9 straight NCAA turneys. It will be interesting to see how his style translates to PAC-12, especially given how weak they are in men’s hoops.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Well it's time to start the speculation

Just out of curiosity. Why did everyone disagree with this. If we are reaching out to kids and we all know we are at full capacity. Why would we not speculate. We are on a message board. That is what we do. Why are we still reaching out to kids at this point? One has to wonder. He just announced the transfer yesterday. After we signed Racir.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Just out of curiosity. Why did everyone disagree with this. If we are reaching out to kids and we all know we are at full capacity. Why would we not speculate. We are on a message board. That is what we do. Why are we still reaching out to kids at this point? One has to wonder. He just announced the transfer yesterday. After we signed Racir.

Chris and others have been pretty clear on this.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Speculating specifically about players on our team being bumped is unnecessary, and unfair to all players, as inevitably, it's just people throwing shade at the players they don't think are good enough.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Mathis is +3.0 points about replacement on Bart Torvik for next season.

For comparison, NWB was +2.9 and Wigginton was +3.5 last season.

I think you lock Haliburton and Nixon down as starters, but this guy would be competing with Bolton for that last spot/take it if Bolton would have to sit out a year.

He would be an excellent bench gunner in any event.

I doubt we land him, but it is interesting that Prohm and the staff is still active.

Fun piece of trivia -- Mathis was a teammate with Carlton Bragg at New Mexico, which we may remember as a relative disappointment at Kansas before transferring.

• Informative
Reactions: ChickenNuggetMan

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I'll speculate. Prohm is taking a page out of my coaching plan in that he won't run anyone off the team but if someone better comes along he'll sign the better kid and pull a basketball scholarship from a current player and place them on a "coach walkon" scholarship.

Everyone is happy, we get good players, win games and demoted player still gets a spot on the team and free school.

:)

Reactions: Brandon