MLB: ***Official 2018 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I'm almost relieved that the cubs lost last night, so I don't have to watch that offensive ineptitude for another series. I came to the realization that the cubs had zero chance at winning the world series this year around the 11th inning and went to bed.

• Agree
Reactions: ISUAlum2002

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
I'm almost relieved that the cubs lost last night, so I don't have to watch that offensive ineptitude for another series. I came to the realization that the cubs had zero chance at winning the world series this year around the 11th inning and went to bed.

Agreed. Watching the Cubs' inability to score runs and even get hits has been Maddening over the last few weeks, especially highlighted in the last two games at home. I wanted them to win, however if they're going to Milwaukee and lay more eggs up there, best to be done with it already.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Things I learned tonight

Heyward is the worst postseason hitter of all time

Schwarber is the worst pinch hitter of all time

Kris Bryant, according to Baseball Reference, hits .230 in close and late ball games.

And all those guys are on the 2019 team yet you think it’s lock to be a World Series contender.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Also I need to go back and find my posts saying Cubs need to go for Yelich and let go of Almora and Happ. Certainly glad we kept those good for nothing hitters

Wow Happ good for nothing, could have just sworn he was one of the main reasons why your championship window was still open lol

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Half our bullpen wouldn’t need be on any other playoff teams roster.

We have 3 starting pitchers.

If you aren’t Rizzo, Heyward, Baez, or Murphy, you might as well just take the out instead of wasting your energy going to the plate.

Program evaluation this offseason. Add 4-5 pitchers, cut loose the piles of **** that don’t mean a thing.

Add 2 bats that are somewhat productive

So much negativity.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
That was weird. Is anyone else seeing posts from Oct of 2018 and then a couple of posts from today on this page? It's like the whole offseason and most of this season never happened.