NBA: ***Official 2019 NBA Playoffs Thread***

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I'm looking forward to all the massive overreactions in November and early December when some of the newly assembled teams and star pairings aren't immediately clicking.

A "multi-polar" NBA with numerous teams having reasonable shots at a championship is an invitation for a lot of fan bases to be disappointed by the results.

You cannot say "would not have beaten Golden State anyways" now.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Definitely not the hyperathletic dunker he was known as but he has developed a good handle and jump shot. He's probably stuck in Detroit though.

Blake to Portland makes a lot of sense. Whiteside's expiring, some combo of Portland's young guys, Simons, Little, Collins plus picks.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I am excited for the next season. Lots more parity then recently. Should be fun.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Definitely not the hyperathletic dunker he was known as but he has developed a good handle and jump shot. He's probably stuck in Detroit though.

One of the reasons I respect him a lot. He’s always been a bit of a point forward but now he can shoot and has a versatile offensive game. I’d say it is overrating him to call him a superstar if people are still doing that.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Watch Pop retire and the Spurs move right into Timmy D. (eventually).

They're going to be sneaky good this year, too. I know nobody is going to get too excited about Lamarcus Aldridge and Demar Derozen but those two plus Dejounte Murray coming back is going to make for a pretty good core. I think they're a playoff team in the West.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
They're going to be sneaky good this year, too. I know nobody is going to get too excited about Lamarcus Aldridge and Demar Derozen but those two plus Dejounte Murray coming back is going to make for a pretty good core. I think they're a playoff team in the West.
The West is LOADED. Going to be so fun to watch.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
The West is LOADED. Going to be so fun to watch.

The Lakers (assuming AD and Lebron don't kick things into high gear until March or so) and the Warriors (if they can stay afloat until Klay comes back) are going to be some incredibly dangerous low seeds. Who says no to a first round matchup of the #1 seed Clippers vs. the 8 seed Warriors or Lakers?