****OFFICIAL 2020 MINNESOTA TWINS THREAD****

Beernuts

Nov 9, 2017
If the pitching keeps doing what they’re doing and the offense finally starts to click this will be a VERY dangerous team in October. Looked like Kepler and Arraez are making better contact and having good at bats. Once Garver and Sano get going it’s really going to be fun!

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Buxton? He’s so frustrating for me. The tools are there, but it’s always something with him.

I agree on Buxton. He has so much potential and ability...but is very injury prone. He either needs to play at 90% effort and smarter (to avoid being injured - which is still better than 90% of MBL outfielders); or the Twins should trade him. It is hard for an organization to plan on Buxton and his future.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
ESPN says I am in a blackout zone for today's game. That is nuts.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Twins have their second nationally televised game today on ESPN @ 1pm.
Hope Berrios is on and he's using that wipeout curve early and often.
Can anyone tell me why the hell its blacked out in NE Iowa???

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
How about yesterday's game? I was pumped watching that comeback. And then of course Cruz comes up big to end it.
I have no clue why in the world they pitched to him there with 1st open.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Correct. Who literally K’s like at least half the time.

Cave, Buxton, Garver, Sano, Donaldson - their rate of striking out is incredible.

I just hope a playoff game doesn't ever come down to somebody needing to actually put the ball in play.

In general the strikeout rate in the majors is really high - something like 25% of plate appearances so far this year.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Cave, Buxton, Garver, Sano, Donaldson - their rate of striking out is incredible.....

The only guy out of this group I worry about is Buxton. The guy just hasn't shown he can consistently hit big league pitching. Surprised Rocco doesn't at least have him bunt. The Twins need his all-world CF play, but Byron has to be some type of threat at the plate.

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
The only guy out of this group I worry about is Buxton. The guy just hasn't shown he can consistently hit big league pitching. Surprised Rocco doesn't at least have him bunt. The Twins need his all-world CF play, but Byron has to be some type of threat at the plate.

Other than half a season, I think Buxton needs to totally change his approach and swing and be a 1980s slap and speed guy. The analytics saying singles and SBs are overvalued are out the window when a guy looks like he is not going to consistently drive MLB pitching and has successfully stolen 33 straight bases.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
As much as I enjoy how unbelievably the pitching staff has been... the bombas have GOT to start showing up. There’s no reason to play Pittsburgh this close, they are really bad.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Well that sucked balls. That one is partially on Romo. I get Dyson is near Bux level of speed but COME ON.....

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Well this KC trip is going well...

tenor.gif

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.

Sure glad I didn't know what I'm was talking about when I posted this one. Buxton has been on an All-Star level tear ever since and he had another big night tonight. Glad to see the Twins bats break out against the Crew.

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY