***Official 2022 Transfer Thread***

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
6'6 guard from Durham, NC

Only started 7 games last year.
Yes but 6th man of year award. Sounds like shooting guard, not pg. Reading his bio, it reads elite aggressive athleticism. Made 44% of threes as a freshmen. 6'5" or 6'6" with 3 years of eligibility. ( Does sound too good to be a non-starter on a below average Wichita State team this year, tho, doesn't it?)
Still might be worth a look! Like where it says "high motor guy", versatile defender.
Guessing will have several suitors.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
I see a lot of speculation on potential PG targets in the portal. Why can't Jeremiah Williams be our future starting PG? He led Temple with 95 assists this past season and was Temple's assist leader by a wide margin.
Discussions about if he's that guy or not aside, we originally brought him in as a 3rd ball handler to go with Hunter and Lipsey. Now we're short one again. And we're also being linked to more guards again.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Discussions about if he's that guy or not aside, we originally brought him in as a 3rd ball handler to go with Hunter and Lipsey. Now we're short one again. And we're also being linked to more guards again.

Never hurts to have 2 strong ballhandlers in the starting lineup. Plus, Gabe is a decent ballhandler in full court. His main struggles for me were in halfcourt.

I would be curious if one day we hear more on how Tyrese's transfer went down. Was Williams targeted early because TJ knew Hunter was gone? I just find it hard to believe that the staff didn't know something was up if Tyrese didn't come back to campus after the Sweet 16 as mentioned on this board.

Having Williams on board allows us flexibility. Bring in a distributor first PG or bring in an AJ Green type, who may not be a big assist guy but can handle the ball and not turnover much.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Ricky Byrdsong. RIP. Played under Lynn Nance. Became a Coach. And later killed as a murder victim of a White Supremacist.

• Informative
Reactions: Cyclonepride