MLB: ***Official 2023 Milwaukee Brewers Season Thread***

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
Cubs have several pitchers that I don’t understand how they continue to be on the roster. It gonna be an interesting month.

Reactions: kentkel

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
So, Brewers fans - how many of you are frustrated at the decision of keeping a roster spot for Andrew Chafin? UNBELIEVEABLE! Had the game well in hand with a 2-run lead & this bozo goes out and blows it big time! I know we can fault our 'O' for such a lousy job today, but Chafin should be sent packing!

Couldn't believe it. Counsel must have a soft spot for the Cubs.....or Chafin....or both. Could have swept the Yanks.

Reactions: kentkel

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Knock on wood, but I have absolutely loved the tear we've been on lately. The only news that would have made me happier is if they had kept Colin Rea & sent Chafin to AAA instead. Rea, in my opinion, showed his value in that 2nd day win against the Cards. He also was huge this season - doing an admirable job by filling in for our injured starters. I trust him much more than Chafin.

• Agree
Reactions: Bocy

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
WOOOOO HOOOOO - CENTRAL CHAMPS!!!! Would like to have clinched it with a win instead of a Cubby loss - but I'll take it!
I was at the game. Everybody was watching the Cubs game on their phones. As soon as the Braves took the lead, no one cared about our game anymore. Most people stuck around for a while, they put the Cubs game on the scoreboard just in time to watch them lose.

Reactions: NWICY and kentkel

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Colin Rea (from Cascade, Iowa) had another very good outing tonight! Again, I really appreciate his contribution this season. Now, hope our bullpen can close this one out tonight!

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Dang. spoke too soon. Andrews just gave up a HR and then a triple - nobody out.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Cubs are officially eliminated I think.

Mathematically they are not. But now the Reds are involved and are tied with the Cubs. And they like the Marlins have the tie breaker over the Cubs if it came to that.

In fact, if Arizona loses out and the Reds sweep the Cards.......they have the tie break over the Diamondbacks. A lot more will be found out tomorrow.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Mathematically they are not. But now the Reds are involved and are tied with the Cubs. And they like the Marlins have the tie breaker over the Cubs if it came to that.

In fact, if Arizona loses out and the Reds sweep the Cards.......they have the tie break over the Diamondbacks. A lot more will be found out tomorrow.
Miami has tiebreaker over everyone. Reds and Cubs will be eliminated with a Marlins win or with their own losses. Miami will only resume their game with the Mets if they are a half game out of the 2 or 3 spot.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I know that this final game meant NOTHING, but it is awesome to end the regular season on a win, a series win & a season series win vs the Cubbies. Hope we can make some (positive) noise in the post season - gotta have the pitching staff to continue to be lights out and for the offense to step up & provide adequate run support.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Bad news Brewers fans:

giphy.gif

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron