SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Woke up this morning happy. From all of Twins Territory to all of you:
giphy.gif

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
What do you all make of this relocating out of Milwaukee business? Ploy to get govt/tax funding or are they actually contemplating? Would you still be a fan of they left Milwaukee?

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I don't know about all of you Brewers fans, but Chafin should be on the first train out of Texas tonight & never be allowed to don a Brewers uniform again. His performance for us since he came over from Arizona has been utterly horrendous. As soon as he walked the first batter in the 9th, I said, "This is not going to go well for us this inning - we'll be using a second pitcher pretty soon." Low & behold, that is exactly what happened. Unacceptable to throw such crap in a non-pressure situation (especially for a 10-year veteran). I'm glad we got that extra run in the 8th or I'm convinced we would have lost in extras. I hope Peralta brings his 'A' game tomorrow & can go 7+ innings & our offense is able to feature some more offense like tonight.

Reactions: Bocy

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I don't know about all of you Brewers fans, but Chafin should be on the first train out of Texas tonight & never be allowed to don a Brewers uniform again. His performance for us since he came over from Arizona has been utterly horrendous. As soon as he walked the first batter in the 9th, I said, "This is not going to go well for us this inning - we'll be using a second pitcher pretty soon." Low & behold, that is exactly what happened. Unacceptable to throw such crap in a non-pressure situation (especially for a 10-year veteran). I'm glad we got that extra run in the 8th or I'm convinced we would have lost in extras. I hope Peralta brings his 'A' game tomorrow & can go 7+ innings & our offense is able to feature some more offense like tonight.

Winner here^^^. Also, I hope to never see another sub .200 hitter batting in the 4th spot. I know there have been injuries, but some of Councils lineup cards this season have been quite puzzling.

Reactions: kentkel

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Another head scratching moment brought to you by Council. Back to back doubles, man on second no one out with Frelick who is 2/3 today coming to bat. Here we go, right? Nope............Council PH .213 Weimer for Frelick. WTH!!!

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Another head scratching moment brought to you by Council. Back to back doubles, man on second no one out with Frelick who is 2/3 today coming to bat. Here we go, right? Nope............Council PH .213 Weimer for Frelick. WTH!!!
Yeah, agree! The only positive is that Weimer did NOT strike out (at least got the bat on the ball). Weimer tends to strike out quite a bit whereas Frelick is great at getting a bat on the ball consistently. Didn't hurt us today - but it certainly was a head-scratcher!!

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I'm beginning to think that the reason they aren't running away with the central is Council. Why the H are you putting Wilson back on the mound?! Him and Chafin should never see time again as a Brewer. I don't care if it's a 10 run lead with 2 outs, bases empty and an 0-2 count in the bottom of the 9th. Unbelievable!

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Prior to this series, I thought that we'd be swept by Texas and be tied with or in 2nd place to the Cubs. I knew we were throwing two of our aces at the Rangers - but our offense had been SOOO anemic & the Rangers are the 2nd best offensive team in the entire MLB. I'm elated that we got the sweep - even with some head-scratching pitching moves (I hope Ashby can be ready by September). Let's keep the winning streak alive at home vs the Twins!

• Agree
Reactions: Bocy and CYEATHAWK

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Prior to this series, I thought that we'd be swept by Texas and be tied with or in 2nd place to the Cubs. I knew we were throwing two of our aces at the Rangers - but our offense had been SOOO anemic & the Rangers are the 2nd best offensive team in the entire MLB. I'm elated that we got the sweep - even with some head-scratching pitching moves (I hope Ashby can be ready by September). Let's keep the winning streak alive at home vs the Twins!

Agree with this. Have only lost half a game to the Cubs....but picked up a half a game on the Reds. Take care of the twinkies and the pods in this home stand and go into Wrigley strong. Cubs have a seven game road trip before we see them. Hoping the Tigers and Pirates can do some damage.

• Winner

Bocy

Nov 27, 2016
Central IA
Nice little win streak ongoing; and that's with the 3 new trade deadline additions not adding much value.
I already want to see him gone, but I'm hoping that one more bad outing of Chafin results in his release..

Would expect him to come up when rosters expand either way, but bring up Gasser to replace Chafin.

• Winner

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Looks like Houser is down. Say 15 days but at this point might as well be season. Been one of those years with injuries. Imagine having a healthy Woodruff all season. Hopefully others can pick up the slack.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
So, Brewers fans - how many of you are frustrated at the decision of keeping a roster spot for Andrew Chafin? UNBELIEVEABLE! Had the game well in hand with a 2-run lead & this bozo goes out and blows it big time! I know we can fault our 'O' for such a lousy job today, but Chafin should be sent packing!

• Agree
Reactions: Bocy

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
As a Cub fan, i think it was a great idea to put him in.

PS you may be waiting awhile for a response since there are only 4 Sewer fans here.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
As a Cub fan, i think it was a great idea to put him in.
Actually, that isn't exactly what I was saying. When you are in a long game and have used up your bullpen quite a bit - you are forced to use the guys on your roster that haven't pitched as much recently. The decision to put a pitcher out there who is fresh is NOT the issue. The issue is that the Brewers continue to keep him on the roster. As a Cubs fan - you should hope that the Brewers continue to let him take up a space over someone who wouldn't likely do any worse than him.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron