***Official 2023 Transfer Thread***

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
If he is walking on that’s fine, however it’s not a very good walk on even. He barely played at a low level school. I would say he an average walk-in. He won’t see the floor at Illinois
Didn't we have an ex Kansas football player on the team last year?

Reactions: Big Daddy Kang

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Took some time to watch some some highlights on Gilbert. Nice! He's a threat at all three levels. Quick 3 point shot, great handles, strong can drive to the hoop, and a good midrange jump shot. Not knocking Gabe or Holmes, but he looks better than either on the offensive end of the floor. Doesn't look to have any holes in his game.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Took some time to watch some some highlights on Gilbert. Nice! He's a threat at all three levels. Quick 3 point shot, great handles, strong can drive to the hoop, and a good midrange jump shot. Not knocking Gabe or Holmes, but he looks better than either on the offensive end of the floor. Doesn't look to have any holes in his game.
Same! Just watched the highlights from his 25 point game against WASU last year. He's long and extremely athletic. Looks like his upside is huge and he was gonna be the main scoring threat next year for the Rebels. He passes the eye test, for sure. Would be a great get.

Reactions: Cjreimer

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Doesn't look to have any holes in his game.

Would head butting an opponent count?

No debate he has potential.........but TJ just had to dismiss one of his legacy players who followed him from UNLV due to attitude. Is Gilbert really worth that stretch?

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.

No debate he has potential.........but TJ just had to dismiss one of his legacy players who followed him from UNLV due to attitude. Is Gilbert really worth that stretch?
Because every player who has ever demonstrated an "attitude problem" at any time is exactly the same player and will wind up exactly the same.

I don't see a stretch. TJ appears to be recruiting a player who might actually come here who he believes, based on past evaluation and recruiting, will be a good fit. He doesn't appear to be stubbornly passing over better players in order to fulfill some legacy ideal.

SoleCyclone

Mar 26, 2022

One of the nicest guys we've had in the Iowa State football program David Montgomery punched a Baylor player right in front of the ref. I'd take him back in a heartbeat
If you can find tape on the Gilbert incident it was basically nothing. But I get it, you see "headbutt opponent" and "ejection" in a headline and now he's untouchable. Athletes aren't choir boys, I've seen a lot worse things done to and from our women's team to warrant your reaction vs what Gilbert is accused of

SoleCyclone

Mar 26, 2022

This was the specific incident if you haven't seen. Feel free to read the comments below as they can't believe this is what warranted an ejection.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Thats some of the most weaksauce **** I've ever seen. Maybe there's a better angle but that doesn't even look like a headbutt or like he even made contact.
It was relatively tame but deserved to be ejected. Not making character judgments but I get why he was booted. Ejim flipped off the BYU crowd and he's one of my favorites.

Reactions: Drew0311

singsing

Nov 2, 2007

That's kind of a stretch in it's own. Apples to oranges. You can't compare one player to another based on being on the same squad, and having 1 incident. Only shows me he's tough too. I don't want a bunch of soft players like Prohm had.

Reactions: Acer88

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
This was the specific incident if you haven't seen. Feel free to read the comments below as they can't believe this is what warranted an ejection.

That's a T and almost could have been a double for the Nevada player getting in his face like that, but an ejection? Did he touch him? That was just a "get out of my face".

• Agree
Reactions: Ankency