***Official 2023 Weather Thread***

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
Linn-Mar dismissing early Wednesday and Thursday with all practices etc. to occur inside before 8AM. In part announcing it now to allow for extra planning as they are expecting Alliant to turn off their power and this will not allow for the normal after school care to be available.

The odd thing is that Linn-Mar’s early dismissal will be three hours early rather than the usual two hours early.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
Neighbors across the street got their new roof today from the March storm. Usually those crews have been knocking out 1-1/2 to 2 roofs a day in my neighborhood. They were already stripping shingles when I left this morning at 6:45 and quit sometime between 8:30 and 9 tonight. Still need to lay the ridge shingles and do cleanup. Felt awful for those guys today.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Neighbors across the street got their new roof today from the March storm. Usually those crews have been knocking out 1-1/2 to 2 roofs a day in my neighborhood. They were already stripping shingles when I left this morning at 6:45 and quit sometime between 8:30 and 9 tonight. Still need to lay the ridge shingles and do cleanup. Felt awful for those guys today.
Oh Lord. Whatever those guys are making, they're not paid enough.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Oh Lord. Whatever those guys are making, they're not paid enough.
We postponed our guys until Friday. Not only is it dangerously hot in the roof, but the shingles basically start to melt when getting walked all over in this type of weather. Not worth the risk at all.

• Winner
Reactions: mynameisjonas

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Agency had 2 offices (Forest City and Garner), closed FC office.
Gotcha. Your town is kinda low on the big name insurance companies. Mostly 2 independent agents cover most of the town. Although farm bureau just opened an office there. State Farm can’t get agents, last I heard they have a person with multiples there.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
My brother is the head coach for a team in NE Iowa and they are practicing at 6 am all week. Probably will be fairly tough/different to go 6 am all week then a 7 pm game Friday but not a whole lot else you can do with this ****

Many moons ago we did the same. If the evenings cooled off enough we would have a light evening practice as well.