***Official 2024 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament Thread***

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I think our game could look like they Creighton game. A decent game for longer than we would like, and then 25-30 minutes in ISU pulls away.
I hope not. We typically get off to a big lead when we play someone for the 1st time because they have no easy way of preparing for our defense. If we don't get off to a nice lead tonight, I'll be very uncomfortable.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Folks the Big 12 could lose every first round game and it is what it is. A single elimination tournament doesn't compare to an entire season.

But in the end, the country is full of players that can play really good basketball. It has coaches that can coach at a really high level. This isn't like football where pure athleticism, size and talent make upsets just harder.

So yes, the Big 12 is the best conference, but this is basketball where one team could have an off night shooting or an on night shooting. The sport is much more volatile than a sport like football.

We aren’t ******* losing. I don’t give a **** about the other teams during the season or in post season.

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
I hope not. We typically get off to a big lead when we play someone for the 1st time because they have no easy way of preparing for our defense. If we don't get off to a nice lead tonight, I'll be very uncomfortable.
Agreed. Our style is like a team that blitzes every play. If our opponent shows early they can handle it, calmly sort it out and make us pay, it's going to be a long day.

Nowhere to go from there.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
It’s still early, but if Drake and Morehead state win, we won’t play a single digit seed until UConn in the elite 8.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I’m getting sick of the longer commercial breaks already. There’s 4 games going on and they are all at commercial. These are going to be 2.5 hour games.

IowaSTATCyclone

Dec 4, 2009
I'm not sure why anyone should expect a giant to play a day game while trying to observe Ramadan, especially in the middle of the month of it. The Pope of BYU should have benched Khalifa for humanitarian purposes. Probably would have made more baskets too.

Reactions: Letterkenny

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think our game could look like the Creighton game. A decent game for longer than we would like, and then 25-30 minutes in ISU pulls away.

I picture SDSU being really well coached and that's a tough thing to break through.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Good job Dubuque. Gives TJ more evidence of upsets in this tournament to get the team's attention tonight hopefully

Reactions: isufbcurt

PizzaTheHutt

Feb 6, 2014
The longer Illinois is in a tight game with Morehead State, the louder the drum beat of losing in the first round three years in a row