***Official 2024 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament Thread***

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
I want to see the SDSU/UConn matchup about as much as I want to see the ISU/Illinois matchup. I believe SDSU returns their whole team from the championship last year, and UConn doesn’t have sanogo this year. I would not count Sdsu out of that game quite yet

Also, I could see a world where ISU plays Duquesne next week rather than Illinois. Just have to get through Wazzu first

One of their starters transferred to Arizona, Keshad Johnson. They’re a tough team, no doubt. I just don’t think they match up well against UConn.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Big 12 teams have beaten who? Samford, SDSU, Longwood, Colorado State, and Colgate. Better than losing yes, but not enough to have proven anything IMO.

Have also lost games to: Utah State, Duquesne, and NC state.

It’s a pretty dog poop resume (so far). More to come obviously.

Still a much better spot than the SEC. Maybe they’ll get two into next weekend? I’m not sold that Bama is that good. Tennessee will advance because of just how soft Texas is.

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
Big 12 teams have beaten who? Samford, SDSU, Longwood, Colorado State, and Colgate. Better than losing yes, but not enough to have proven anything IMO.

I understand that, but our best teams couldn't control their opponent, either. My next take addresses that: We need to for 4 for 5 today and tomorrow.

Obviously I think Houston and Baylor can claim max credit. They can't control their opponent, but they dominated in as top of form as we've seen in the field.

We probably can't claim better than a B, but we called off the dogs up 25, too. Kansas gets some credit for avoiding getting Yale'd and JMU'd, but nothing to pound their chests over. Texas defense was great in big 12 fashion, but again far from a flawless performance.

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
Still a much better spot than the SEC. Maybe they’ll get two into next weekend? I’m not sold that Bama is that good. Tennessee will advance because of just how soft Texas is.
Can’t wait for Texas to be out of the Big XII. It’s nauseating to pull for them for the good of the Big XII. Good luck $EC… no give backs. They are all yours soon.

Reactions: CYCLNST8

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
If I’m a Wisconsin fan, I’m about done with Greg Gard. Decent coach but has significantly underperformed when it matters.

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If I’m a Wisconsin fan, I’m about done with Greg Gard. Decent coach but has significantly underperformed when it matters.

They're Hok bball Lite when it comes to reacting to calls or teams getting into them.

I only mentioned to a couple of Bucky co-workers this week that 30+ wins is impressive no matter what and the response 'well they don't play in the B1G'.

I still think Illinois is generally good but they still don't guard the way JM did last night.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Thankfully the Huskers lost. Local sports radio proclaimed if the Huskers won they would become America's team

I laughed out loud when Nebraska's nerdy looking guard blocked the A&M player's shot from behind, started trash talking, and then got T'd up. Even though it was a very costly T, I could see his own teammates were shaking their heads and grinning.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

NYCYFan

Mar 18, 2024
I want to see the SDSU/UConn matchup about as much as I want to see the ISU/Illinois matchup. I believe SDSU returns their whole team from the championship last year, and UConn doesn’t have sanogo this year. I would not count Sdsu out of that game quite yet

Also, I could see a world where ISU plays Duquesne next week rather than Illinois. Just have to get through Wazzu first
I think UConn is actually better than they were last season. All of their returning guys are a year older and they have more depth this season namely Spencer and Castle. They crushed San Diego St. last season and I expect the same this season, maybe not "crushed" but it's hard to envision SDSU beating them.

We don't see many great teams anymore, can't remember the last truly great CBB team, but UConn is a legit great team. It's going to take their B effort and an A effort from the opposition to beat them.

Now watch Northwestern beat them and make me look like a complete jackass haha.

Last edited:

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com

one of the tidbits: Drake is 0-4 in the Round of 64. (They are 6-3 in all other rounds of the tournament.)
Goods grief! I knew KU had a great record in the opening round, but that is insane.

I'll give the beakers this... it seems that they generally stomp the piss out of whatever low seed they face in the round of 64. Basically been a team I never looked at as a possible high seed upset victim in the opening round.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

The point is the SEC didn’t do even that. That was supposed to be the second best conference per experts and the best per lying hacks.

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net

Bad take. The Big 12 earned the right to play those bad teams. And the Big 12 has the most teams in the Round of 32.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
I think I'm going to hop aboard. We just looked so unprepared. No halftime adjustments either. He has let a lot of in state talent slip away and no top recruit is going to want to come here now. We need a serious rebuild.

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
Fun Fact: Only two teams in the Round of 32 have a Sweet Sixteen appearance streak greater than 1 year:

Gonzaga has been to 8 straight and Houston has been to 4 straight.

The other teams that went last year (UConn, San Diego State, Texas, Creighton, Tennessee, Michigan State, Alabama) all missed the Sweet Sixteen in 2022.

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
Bad take. The Big 12 earned the right to play those bad teams. And the Big 12 has the most teams in the Round of 32.
It’s a bad take that our current tourney resume is unproven but there’s more to come? This, in response to a poster who was contemplating if we were proven yet?

Man, the sensitivity around here to the supremacy of the big 12 is really something.

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
It’s a bad take that our current tourney resume is unproven but there’s more to come? This, in response to a poster who was contemplating if we were proven yet?

Man, the sensitivity around here to the supremacy of the big 12 is really something.
Agree with that too, but so is every other conference. So far, Big 12 has the most teams. That is the best metric in my opinion.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
The point is the SEC didn’t do even that. That was supposed to be the second best conference per experts and the best per lying hacks.
This x100.

Big 12’s top seeds were playing low seeds by design of the tournament. I understand people saying those are not necessarily impressive won. But not getting upset (like Auburn, Kentucky, Wisconsin, etc) is all you can hope for in the first round and it’s all you have chance to “prove”. today and tomorrow will be opportunity to beat better teams.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron