***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Jefferson will be a cyclone, we should hear this week. William Kyle will not be a cyclone, although he wanted to be. And we may get a player back who entered the portal, but had second thoughts. And no it’s not Omaha.
I was told a couple years ago by posters that AJ Green would 100% be a Cyclone. I think you were the one that posted Hadley has verbally commuted a couple weeks ago.

I'm not questioning your credibility but I'll believe it when I see it.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Hadley did verbally commit lol
Probably true, but didn't the same poster also say he was set to announce that week then a couple days later he's narrowed his list down to USC and Louisville?

Point being, there's been "100% he'll be a Cyclone" talk on here before that ends up not happening.

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Probably true, but didn't the same poster also say he was set to announce that week then a couple days later he's narrowed his list down to USC and Louisville?

Point being, there's been "100% he'll be a Cyclone" talk on here before that ends up not happening.

If he did say this, then he was correct.

Apparently had the right read on AJ Green too. That flipped in the final days/hours when the Bucks gave him a two-way guarantee.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines

Apparently had the right read on AJ Green too. That flipped in the final days/hours when the Bucks gave him a two-way guarantee.
Ok, I must remembered it differently, but there was no stipulation put on AJ Green that year. It was he'll "100% be a Cyclone" not "he'll 100% be a Cyclone unless the NBA offers him a contract".

I guess my point is, even if this dude is credible and is premium info, I'm not getting excited until something is formally announced by the school.

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Ok, I must remembered it differently, but there was no stipulation put on AJ Green that year. It was he'll "100% be a Cyclone" not "he'll 100% be a Cyclone unless the NBA offers him a contract".

I guess my point is, even if this dude is credible and is premium info, I'm not getting excited until something is formally announced by the school.

Yes, that's fair. Really nothing is a done deal until they're on campus. Ohio State and Minnesota have had players formally announce they're returning only to enter the portal a week later. Endorsed by official team accounts and all.

The info in the 3 aforementioned instances is all accurate though.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

Problem with the AJ situation was he said all along NBA was first option. The staff didn't have a plan B. We really needed a scorer and basically ended up with a huge hole.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Yes, that's fair. Really nothing is a done deal until they're on campus. Ohio State and Minnesota have had players formally announce they're returning only to enter the portal a week later. Endorsed by official team accounts and all.

The info in the 3 aforementioned instances is all accurate though.
im old enough to remember Manny Malou and Maurice Jones never suiting up for ISU despite formal announcements from the school

Reactions: Letterkenny

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Problem with the AJ situation was he said all along NBA was first option. The staff didn't have a plan B. We really needed a scorer and basically ended up with a huge hole.
It was surprise to everyone the Bucks gave the guaranteed 2 way deal a couple of days before the draft. His Dad is TJ's lead assistant after all, not like the staff thought they needed a backup plan or they would have had one.
Thing is for every AJ or Hadley rumor that turns incorrect there are the other recruiting crystal ball prediction/rumors that turn true which never get credit.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
It was surprise to everyone the Bucks gave the guaranteed 2 way deal a couple of days before the draft. His Dad is TJ's lead assistant after all, not like the staff thought they needed a backup plan or they would have had one.
Thing is for every AJ or Hadley rumor that turns incorrect there are the other recruiting crystal ball prediction/rumors that turn true which never get credit.
That's just wrong. I mean it's true but it's wrong. AJ was adamant the NBA was his first option. Betting against that without a Plan B is really not a strategy at all. That team overachieved but desperately needed another scorer. I have no idea who was left to pursue but it wasn't nobody. Plain and simple they got caught with their pants down and I'll bet it never happens again.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
That's just wrong. I mean it's true but it's wrong. AJ was adamant the NBA was his first option. Betting against that without a Plan B is really not a strategy at all. That team overachieved but desperately needed another scorer. I have no idea who was left to pursue but it wasn't nobody. Plain and simple they got caught with their pants down and I'll bet it never happens again.
The Bucks thing happened so late that they couldn't shift. I guess they could have tried for a KJ Bluford-type of thing.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonehomer