***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
I think TJ's using a pretty good formula in getting 2-3 highschool kids per class. Mainly highly rated guards and sticking to the portal for your frontcourt guys.

NYCYFan

Mar 18, 2024
Iowa State has a big advantage over a lot of teams in the midst of all this portal madness. Their top 4 players all returned and have established chemistry, guys that are committed to the school and want to win in Ames.

On top of that, I like the frontcourt more than last season. It might take time for them to fit in but I'm seeing more versatility, the bigs last season were just rim runners and board crashers basically. This should be a top 5 preseason team and we should revel in this because this is an uncommon occurrence for Cyclone basketball.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Iowa State has a big advantage over a lot of teams in the midst of all this portal madness. Their top 4 players all returned and have established chemistry, guys that are committed to the school and want to win in Ames.

On top of that, I like the frontcourt more than last season. It might take time for them to fit in but I'm seeing more versatility, the bigs last season were just rim runners and board crashers basically. This should be a top 5 preseason team and we should revel in this because this is an uncommon occurrence for Cyclone basketball.

It think the front line will end up being a lot better but it will take time.

Reactions: singsing

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

When 3 of those 4 are capable PGs it makes life a whole lot easier for incoming bigs.

• Agree
Reactions: NYCYFan and NENick

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Huge late portal entry. Likely ends up in the Big 12.

Looking at his recruiting profile. His talent level is of someone we easily could of signed. If we did he'd either worked his way into a stacked rotation or probably hit the portal even though year two he'd be a likely starter. ( maybe not now after transfer season) but him being here might of affected our recruiting. I guess what I'm getting at is it worth taking bigs out of HS knowing if they don't make the rotation they're likely not staying?

Rock is an obvious exception due to his circumstance.

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Baylor and Tech will both be hard after Toppin. Desperation is going to drive up the price on a lot of these late entries. Could see Baylor going all in on a guy like Toppin and just kind of rolling with what they have at the 5.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Seems like there's a fair bit of tampering going on...