***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
The weight is there. The question is if he’s actually ready to play at the college level. Just because you’re at a good weight that doesn’t automatically ready. Omaha had an NBA body in high school and look at his freshman year.
lol. Omaha had an NBA body, but was lacking skills.

JT has skills all over the place, but was lacking a B12 body. And has been practicing against Hason and BRE every day, and will have Dishon to hone his skills even further with.

But you folks go ahead and keep up with your little narrative, since it seems to make you happy.

I suppose it’s a nut cup substitute…

GoClone

Apr 16, 2006
I think that Damarian Watson lost confidence in his shot last year (not unusual for a freshman) and hestated to pull the trigger from outside this year. I would love to see him work with the shooting coach (Eric Crawford?) that helped Lipsey so much this past year. Then the sky is the limit for Watson with a similar improvement.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA

JT has skills all over the place, but was lacking a B12 body. And has been practicing against Hason and BRE every day, and will have Dishon to hone his skills even further with.

But you folks go ahead and keep up with your little narrative, since it seems to make you happy.

You really don’t understand anything I’m saying and just assuming I’m an idiot. Omaha proved he wasn’t ready for significant time this year (That is not an opinion. That’s a fact.). You and I are not people that watch JT play daily and don’t know where he stands in his development yet you act like you know everything about JT.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
You really don’t understand anything I’m saying and just assuming I’m an idiot. Omaha proved he wasn’t ready for significant time this year (That is not an opinion. That’s a fact.). You and I are not people that watch JT play daily and don’t know where he stands in his development. You act like you know everything about JT.
Nope, I understood exactly what you said, and chose to reply as I did. That’s called “a discussion”. I disagreed and expanded on what you said, rather than limiting myself to your points.

Two more corrections. One, I haven’t even remotely claimed to know everything about JT. I made statements I know from direct observation, that’s all. Nothing more.

Every single word I wrote is true. Literally. If you made any other inferences (as you apparently did), that’s on you.

And two, I’m not assuming you’re an idiot. However, with this post you’re not exactly doing yourself any favors, repeatedly drawing invalid conclusions. Seems to be a habit.

Good luck with that.

JK4ISU

Dec 5, 2022
Ames
He's not going to get better without game reps and just by being all over the portal with big guys it appears he, and probably Rock, aren't going to get those reps.

I just worry that kids that are highly rated and more ready than Billiew are going to look at how he's been handled and decide there are better options out there. Just a different world than it was even 5 years ago.
I don’t think kids will think they will fail to get minutes or develop. They will look at Milan and Omaha and assume they will be the next Milan.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone Pfan

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Nope, I understood exactly what you said, and chose to reply as I did. That’s called “a discussion”. I disagreed and expanded on what you said, rather than limiting myself to your points.

Two more corrections. One, I haven’t even remotely claimed to know everything about JT. I made statements I know from direct observation, that’s all. Nothing more.

Every single word I wrote is true. Literally. If you made any other inferences (as you apparently did), that’s on you.

And two, I’m not assuming you’re an idiot. However, with this post you’re not exactly doing yourself any favors, repeatedly drawing invalid conclusions. Seems to be a habit.

Good luck with that.
Nah, you take anything I say that isn’t pumping sunshine about a player and act like I’m badmouthing a player. That’s all you’ve done on any reply to anything I’ve said in this thread.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx

Good luck with that.
Conducive to discussion.

“But you folks go ahead and keep up with your little narrative, since it seems to make you happy.”

:rolleyes:

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010

Good god

Maybe he’s the rare 7’0” that’s ready for major minutes on a top-10 team as an 18 year old. Maybe not

But there’s no reason to try and make sure we don’t need that answer to be “yes”

• Creative
Reactions: Aclone

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Milan needs to take some of the degree of difficulty out of his game. Started relying on that fadeaway too much and was looking for that shot every time. The way defenders jumped him I hope he develops some fakes out of it and starts drawing fouls. Did some things like a freshman will this season, but he won't be a freshman next year so..
Make him watch every single game that Niang played at ISU. Could be a similar player if he developed the inside game that Georges had.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
We lost Hamilton & Fish. I don't think anyone here will get this, but.....

MV5BZjNjMjFiYzYtZGFjNS00YTcyLWI0MzgtNDFjYTkyNDc5MGFhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_.jpg

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I honestly don't think it's his old man that is the problem. It's the Iowa fans on social media. They destroy the kid. I have never seen one fan base destroy a kid who has not really done anything wrong, as bad as they destroy Patrick. Usually a kid would miss a late game free throw to get the heat he get's. It's crazy.
Wild to me considering that despite being almost twice the player his arrogant prick older brother is statistically, he gets twice the fan hate. Hawk fans actually defended Connor for 6 years which never made sense to me. Say what you will about his glue guy factor, he was routinely a bottom tier performer at the p6 level his whole career