***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
No, it’s that some fans can’t read

IF we add those transfers, this past season’s Milan won’t be playing 30 min/gm, and isn’t a lock to start

That’s not proclaiming he won’t improve and fend off the addition of 4 high level transfers (plus Rock and Nojus) to maintain his minutes

It’s very unlikely if we add those 4 transfers, the minutes of the returning players don’t go down.

Don't take everything so personal.

I was talking about the people thinking we needed to bench him at multiple points this season. Clearly TJ disagreed as do I.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Don't take everything so personal.

I was talking about the people thinking we needed to bench him at multiple points this season. Clearly TJ disagreed as do I.
Likewise- look at the reaction pointing out basic math that Milan is losing minutes if we add those transfers unless he improves

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
He had the exact same stats as Tre King. Minutes, pts, and reb. Also was a true freshman. Played against the same teams in the big 12
Exactly. I don't think any "big" is going to get over 20-22 minutes in Otz' system, unless they are an absolute superstar.

Also, to whoisthis's comment, I think the coaching staff would be fine with Milan at ~27-28mph next year.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I don’t think either came here to sit. Especially Nojus.

I trust TJ but I don’t see why Heise was a target with the backcourt we have returning. We desperately need another 4 - at least as good as Ward and King.
I don't understand this logic. TJ has 13 scholarships. Shouldn't he try to fill EACH of those spots with the best talent to fill needs? I'm pretty sure KU, Duke, Kentucky, etc. aren't filling their final scholarships with guys from the local YMCA so their McDonalds AA recruits don't have competition for PT.

We lost to the portal:
  • Paveletzke: 1/2
  • Hamilton: 2/3
  • Biliew: 3/4
  • Fish: 4
So from a roster composition standpoint, it makes sense that Tj would add a couple guards this spring. And we'll add a couple posts.

If Indrusaitis and Pierce aren't expecting fierce competition for minutes, then TJ made a recruiting mistake. It wasn't too long ago most fans thought Halliburton was a lock to redshirt and look at his impact as a frosh.

Reactions: nowncarolina

SoleCyclone

Mar 26, 2022
Exactly. I don't think any "big" is going to get over 20-22 minutes in Otz' system, unless they are an absolute superstar.

Also, to whoisthis's comment, I think the coaching staff would be fine with Milan at ~27-28mph next year.
Minutes wise that should be correct. For as much effort and physicality we expect, low to mid 20min for front court guys should be the number. Fouls would rack up and they'd be playing at much lower effort and pace if they get over 30min

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
What is this based on? He didn't start and played 22 mpg for a horrid OSU team.

Bad coaching imo. He's a bigger version of Deonte Burton. Would be a higher level athlete than Tre King .

Look at his offers out of HS, his ceiling is Omaha Biliew's level but actually showed Big 12 production. 4 of his last 6 games this year were 20, 15, 12, and 12 for scoring.

He shot ok from 3 in a terrible system. Would you pencil Biliew in as a starter and taking a big jump on 24/25 if we produced at Dailey's level last season, in the same conference??

Aug 20, 2012
Ignorant question: Is the grading rubric used by 24/7 known?

I’m curious as to why Fish is currently ranked #16 and Omaha is #26.

It looks like they’ve awarded another star to Fish since high school. That can’t be based solely on added weight, right?

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I do think class allocation among transfers is important to. If you can slip in a guy with multiple years of eligibility with some 4th or 5th years, that would be ideal.
Yep. It would seem like TJ would like a couple 1 year portal guys to open up scholarships for guys like Batemon, Rogers, etc.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Nojus will not be redshirting next year. He will get some nice minutes for a true freshman. Maybe not Milan type minutes, but he will play
Yea, if Indrusaitis can play 12-15mpg that is probably a solid freshman season. And position him to step into minutes opened up with Gilbert and Curtis Jones graduating.

• Agree
Reactions: MyNameEhJeff

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Yes. Though closer to 20. I expect, with the intensity that ISU plays D they are looking to do 10 guys with significant minutes.

Part of ISU's struggles on offense stem from tired legs playing the kind of D they throw out there.
Nojus will not be redshirting next year. He will get some nice minutes for a true freshman. Maybe not Milan type minutes, but he will play
If he were walking into the situation Milan did this year I think his minutes would of been very comparable. I think he'll get minutes and they'll only go up as the season progresses just might start a bit more limited to start.

I wouldn't mind seeing a first substitution line change in the backcourt next year. Jones, Heise, Indrusaitis for Lipsey, Gilbert, Momcilovic. Hadley is said to be a natural 4 so that's why he's not included.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron