***Official 2024 Weather Thread***

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Snowblower pass or two on each side of the driveway was what I would do in town once it stacked up. Just moving it over to make room for more.

I usually do this too for big storms and/or when more snow is on the way and it works pretty well. But after wrestling my snowblower through all that wet heavy sht the other day I was too tired. Guess we'll see what happens tomorrow.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Yeah now it's just throw it as far as it will go with the wind and wait for the wind to switch directions and blow it back over the lane

This is probably the strategy we will employ. Corner lot so only a neighbor on one side and if the snowblower and wind take it that far, that's just impressive.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Yeah now it's just throw it as far as it will go with the wind and wait for the wind to switch directions and blow it back over the lane
I don’t have a snow blower. Long, gravel drive with an approximate 45+ degree incline from road to house, so I use a 4wheeler. Drive goes east/west, so I try to pile everything on the south side. I’m going to have to knock the current pile further into the yard top down with the blade, because the wheeler won’t have the power to take the full load.

I know…”me problem”, but it’s gonna take a lot of doing. Should be fun.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
For those folks who have a vehicle on a side street that they haven't dug out yet, sure hope you don't have go somewhere in an emergency. With falling temps and blowing snow, your going to need a more than a shovel to get it out.

• Agree
Reactions: herbicide

cybychoice

Jun 27, 2014
Ankeny
That would be an amazing feature. Even the richest SOBs I know don’t have that so that’s telling me something.
I’ve looked into these, the up front cost isn’t that bad, however it effectively halves the life of your concrete and god forbid there is an issue in a line. The upkeep/maintenance cost makes it cost prohibitive for the upper Midwest. In areas with more ice threat than snow threat (think mid Missouri and south) its becomes a more worthwhile feature.

Reactions: Gunnerclone