***Official 2024 Weather Thread***

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Hope everyone has been able to stay safe. I was in between at least two tornadoes no more than 10 miles in either direction this evening. Thunder, lightning and some pockets of rain (brief moments where is was almost heavy), but nothing too crazy. Just wild how random this **** has been.

Reactions: NWICY and wxman1

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I think today were the first big long tracks that did significant damage to populated areas not in total darkness in a while. Rolling Fork and Mayfield were both pure night time tornadoes.

Reactions: cstrunk

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
"Ummmm should we get away from the window"
uh, yeah.

"Coming right over us" - that guy has seen some **** in his life to speak so calmly and casually about the tornado going over him.

He is in a train though that wasn't going to go anywhere. I was surprised to see the outer glass got shattered on that one pane. Still it would have been quite the experience.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
He is in a train though that wasn't going to go anywhere. I was surprised to see the outer glass got shattered on that one pane. Still it would have been quite the experience.

Railroad men and women are a different breed by nature.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Which production?

Did they call a emergency intermission for storm warnings? What is the musical?
Annie Jr. If you harken back to the original 80's movie, friend's kiddo was playing Bernadette Peters' part.

Probably 10 minutes after intermission was over, you heard everyone's cell phone go off with the tornado warning. They herded everyone out of the auditorium and into classrooms located off of interior hallways. No, we didn't get to see the end and we don't know HOW Annie will get to stay with Daddy Warbucks!

Reactions: nrg4isu

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Annie Jr. If you harken back to the original 80's movie, friend's kiddo was playing Bernadette Peters' part.

Probably 10 minutes after intermission was over, you heard everyone's cell phone go off with the tornado warning. They herded everyone out of the auditorium and into classrooms located off of interior hallways. No, we didn't get to see the end and we don't know HOW Annie will get to stay with Daddy Warbucks!

Disappointing they didn't restart it. :(

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Incredible. What are the odds of stopping the locamotive in the exact path of that tornado.

It always amazes me how lucky/unlucky you have to be to take a direct hit when you think about how little area even a large tornado actually covers.
I'll bet Reed Timmer wishes he was there...