***Official 2024 Weather Thread***

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
That tanker was just like, well, **** it, I got too close, might as well go on through the tornado
Can anyone tell what cross street that was? I'm not sure if it was 6th where it T's into Hwy 30 or not, or if that was east of town.

edit: Figured it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclonepride

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
It sounds like Ames was kind of in between some really nasty stuff. I always worry because my mom is there by herself. She didn't want to go to the basement until she was done cooking dinner :oops:

The funny is only because she wanted to finish cooking. I'm really glad she is fine. No offense meant by the emoji I used.

• Friendly
Reactions: CyCoug

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
intersection of S27 and hwy 30 looked like
Yes, I found a clip that was a bit longer and less obscured. That's exactly where it looked to be. A close call for Nevada, for sure. My aunt lives on the east side of town, so she was far too close to it also. Haven't heard from her yet. Hopefully they were either gone for the day or it's simply a cell tower issue due to the winds.

Edit: Heard from my aunt, they're ok too.

Last edited:

CyCoug

Sep 19, 2021
The funny is only because she wanted to finish cooking. I'm really glad she is fine. No offense meant by the emoji I used.
She would have if it had gotten really serious. But I do feel obligated to keep an eye on things on days like this. Including this thread, which is actually about as useful as the actual NWS warnings.

FLYINGCYCLONE

Aug 27, 2022
LuVerne Iowa
Depends. A local area got between 5-7 in the worst. Drove to Algona on 18 it’s a sheetshow. A lot of replant coming.
I am looking at replanting 1/3 of corn and beans. Maybe more. Have 46 acres not planted yet, which is a good thing. I don’t like the idea of planting corn in June , but we will this year. Rain totals and pics of fields, if true are wild.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Posting for @ImJustKCClone

"
Friends and family who are worried...
WE ARE FINE!
We lost power AND internet in the house so other than the siren we had no idea what the path was, so we parked our asses in the basement.. Lew managed to reach Becca and she told us the tornado was over Cambridge and heading our way. Iy apparently crossed HWY 30 a mile or 2 west of us and continued NE from there.
All people, cats and property are accounted for. We had very strong winds but don't seem to have any damage to our trees.
Thanks for all the concerned texts...we love you!
Kerry and Lew"

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron