***Official 2024 Weather Thread***

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Some of us may not like each other for various reasons but I hope you are all OK.
Check in on people.

One of our older friends is without power and I have a goalzero I got to them to keep their sump going.
Please reach out to your friends and family.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
A brief shower at my place on NE side of CR, barely any wind. Texting with my dad, lives towards Palo off Hwy 94, not far from Atkins. He said they got hammered.

• Agree
Reactions: wxman1

Flynn4Heisman

Mar 24, 2006
My house almost burned down today.

My Dad's shop is underneath the garage, so that's where I took myself and the cats. Dad also always called it "The Bomb Shelter", which it essentially is.

I was getting some water in the shop where it meets the driveway in the NW corner.

The leak was right next to a power outlet in the ceiling, and it was coming in like a water faucet on low. That sum ***** got HOT, and you could hear it sizzling.

Killed the breaker, got the extinguisher ready, but it was cool to the touch about 20 minutes later.

There are several ceiling outlets against the wall as well, so if the foundation gets worse, I got several more fire hazards on my hands.

I have a feeling this isn't the first time this has happened though, as nobody EVER went to that back corner of the shop, and obviously my father has been gone over a year now.

I'm just gonna keep the breaker closed until I get someone to look at it.

I actually blame the driveway for this happening, so now gotta add a leveling/repair to the list once the house is finally in my name.