*** Official #25 IOWA STATE vs #17 TCU Game(Day) Thread ***

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Jaz has the lowest TO percentage on the team, the leading rebounder, 2nd best 3 pt shooter, and can defend all 5 positions. He has the highest offensive efficiency on the team. All that said, I agree it was a weird comment by CW. Like, why isn’t everyone saying “the sky is falling”. Although he has said that Tre King has exceeded his expectations, so maybe the rest of us had more expectations out of King and that’s why we weren’t freaking out.
I think Jaz is a critical piece, and King coming in and adequately replacing him after two years out of basketball was a pretty reasonable take. King has just been remarkable since he has hit the floor. We now have the luxury of a rotation at the 4 that is deep, talented and interchangeable (once Jaz gets back). Shout out to Watson for being part of that too.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Plus we only shot 3 for 9 for free throws and got beat by 13 from the free throw line.

Another amazing stat: we start 4 guards against a great rebounding team and we out rebounded them 32 to 27.
I was shocked abt the rebounding stat when i saw it. Tcu has a lot of long athletic guys. Just shows how key hustle, position, wanting the ball matters. Rebounding is all effort.

This this team has ELITE effort.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY and NENick

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Not that any win is a given in the Big 12, but looking ahead to Tuesday's game with TTU...

They will be missing a couple of key pieces in Pop Isaacs and Daniel Batcho. They are a young team and some good young talent is stepping up, but we should handle them and go to 4-0.

Reactions: legi and BWRhasnoAC

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Not that any win is a given in the Big 12, but looking ahead to Tuesday's game with TTU...

They will be missing a couple of key pieces in Pop Isaacs and Daniel Batcho. They are a young team and some good young talent is stepping up, but we should handle them and go to 4-0.
They've already been ruled out? They were gametime decisions last night so they could very well play Tuesday.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
King is such a great piece for this team. I think we found something in yesterday’s game too with the cross screen and duck in for Tre. He was eating 1v1 and there aren’t many 4’s out there that’ll be able to guard him down there.

CRCySpy

Oct 16, 2020
Cedar Rapids, IA
I remember his first game as a Cyclone. He got fouled early in the game, and this was before any of us knew anything about him other than that he tries really hard.

He literally banked both free throw shots and they went in. I'm not sure he has gone 2/2 since that fateful night. I'm pretty certain he never tried banking one again either. Maybe he just needs to try doing that again. Idk. But teams are gonna start to give him the Shaq treatment soon if he doesn't improve.
Around here it's called the "Tim Floyd Treatment". If the other team was in the one and one, Floyd would intentionally foul a 40 percent, or worse, FT shooter in the first half, away from the ball. Second half too.

Reactions: CascadeClone