*** Official #7 Texas (SAMSUBA) vs #12 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Rulzzz pre game predictions award going with a tie.

Noah was only one to do a score and it was in the ball park and Cyclones8824 was correct with the loudness prediction. You knew it would loud with Hunter back but I think people couldn't have dreamed it would of been as loud as it got in there tonight.
What do we win? LOL :D

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I don't know that it was louder. It was angrier and that's where the Huluska comparison comes in I think. Now that I'm old it's hard to rank crowds fairly because I always think the old crowds were the best. But this was definitely an all timer. Once we got going, it was pretty steady the whole time. How cool is it that we can have these comparisons? I have so many great memories in Hilton and tonight was another great one.

I thought the Hunter stuff wasn't all that bad. It could have been worse. And I was shocked that we did the all white thing as well as we did. Apparently an old dog (i.e. a Hilton crowd) CAN learn a new trick.

TJ may play the whole calm and steady thing up with the media. But you can't tell me that there isn't some serious '**** you' attitude with this team. They took the loss in the Big 12 tournament to Tech personal and it played out last week. And same thing tonight. That's the one difference I see this year vs. last year----it's like they are out on a revenge tour. There were a lot of horns down towards the end of the game. They've got a mean streak that is serving them well so far.

What's the deal between Carr and Gabe. CW brought it up a few times and I just don't know that story.
Yeah I'm finding out tj doesn't forget things like that

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Noticed Jones played 9 mins and had 3 fouls. I assume King starts eating most of his minutes now?

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
This ESPN+ thing is ridiculous. We’re solidifying ourselves as one of the top teams in the nation and nobody knows it. Heck there’s nothing even on sports center

ESPN+ does kind of suck, but we absolutely had a segment and highlights on Sportscenter after the game, hosted and presented by no less than Scott Van Pelt, my personal favorite.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
For those saying this was the best atmosphere. So many other games beat it but this one was good. Here is the best one I remember

I was there..Hilton was definitely bouncing when everyone started stomping during late ft's. Still the best game of any sort I've attended.

Reactions: CyNews and Drew0311

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Did anyone else have a sneaking suspicion Beard was a wife beater all along or is it just me?

Every time I saw him I just thought “man, that douche bag just looks like someone they slaps his wife around”.

I knew it. He’s also done meth at some point. Guaranteed.

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
This ol bastard is still kickin
20230117-200506.jpg
He was on Go Big Show, wasn’t he? We saw him at a Wolves game, just amazed at his balance. He doesn’t appear to be in peak physical condition and just keeps climbing those chairs!

melt

Apr 5, 2006
Chicago, IL
Did anyone else notice #10's dribbling (I think it was #10). His dribbling was wild, like the ball was in charge and going where it wanted and not him controlling the ball. Numerous times it looked like he was going to lose it with no pressure on him.
Yea Rice is #10 and he really seemed to have some issues with ball control. Seemed to dribble out really wide and away from his body, lost control a couple of times. It was weird.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Did anyone else notice #10's dribbling (I think it was #10). His dribbling was wild, like the ball was in charge and going where it wanted and not him controlling the ball. Numerous times it looked like he was going to lose it with no pressure on him.
Yes! I noticed it early on. I felt like if we really got after him he was gonna turn it over A LOT. He was really rattled.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt