****Official Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread****

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Are you really saying that because Virginia won that kids want to play a slow style? Ask any of the top 100 recruits if they want to play fast or slow.

People are saying it because it's true. Maybe ask the kids why they are saying they want to play fast?

Then How does Virginia keep getting these Elite Players to play for them? Kids wants success and a good coach to get them to the next level. If you can do that, you can get players. Up Tempo is great and what a lot of them want. Not the main tipping point though.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Great. We're still 5 months from the early signing period and Jeff Prohm is already onto Plan C. We're better than this. #cantrecruit
If I were you I wouldn't get my hopes up on this guy. I doubt we'll be able to pull him away from the Michigan schools.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
It means teams might play slightly "wider" but it also makes three harder to hit from range, which reduces the priority you need to put on defending the three-point line.

Nothing obligated teams to position themselves toeing the line previously. They could have backed up to space the court more. This just forces everybody to do it now.

I think it is probably a net benefit to pack-line teams.

You make good points, I just don't think the 3pt line is going to be an issue at all or if it is, its only going to be for a couple seasons.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
You make good points, I just don't think the 3pt line is going to be an issue at all or if it is, its only going to be for a couple seasons.

It is not like it is a huge change...

img_0918.jpg

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Then How does Virginia keep getting these Elite Players to play for them? Kids wants success and a good coach to get them to the next level. If you can do that, you can get players. Up Tempo is great and what a lot of them want. Not the main tipping point though.
Up tempo and good coaching? Sounds like Iowa to me...:D

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Virginia has had four guys drafted since 2014 and DeAndre Hunter is likely a lottery pick in this next draft. I doubt anyone is dumb enough to think that a slower tempo is going to prevent them from getting drafted. If you're good enough, scouts know.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron