****Official Class Of 2025 Recruiting Thread****

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Yes. Not sure if TJ and him are friends but I know Curtis Sr is down with Iowa State
Aren't we recruiting the other explosive guard on that team to play football? Robinson I think? I'm too lazy to look it up but he was super impressive in the championship game.

Reactions: MyNameEhJeff

cyclonekrazie

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2023
Looking at 247, since TJ has taken over recruiting reigns I noticed we don’t offer nearly as many kids as other schools. Iowa State (7) & Baylor (5) are only B12 schools in single digits. With 42% of kids with offers in 2024 committing. Obviously, this method is working for him. Is this because he ploys it as a “look at you, you and only 6 other guys got an offer from ISU”? Does he hon in on kids and talk until they’re ready to commit then extend offer? Seems like that’s what happened with Dwayne Pierce, he had an offer for a week. No flak towards him just an interesting topic when multiple other B12 schools are pushing 30-40. I’d say it’s similar in B1G with very few schools under 10 offers given. Maybe this is at the fault of 247 for not updating Iowa State recruiting either, which could be the case I’ve got my likes and dislikes with them….

TJS

Mar 28, 2019
As we are not a blue blood or have piles of NIL money lying around like some fans of Iowa think, our recruiting is based on building relationships. With a couple of exceptions (Hamilton, Pierce), we recruit in a small area surrounding Iowa. That allows our coaches to get to know the young men (& their coaches) who could potentially be apart of our program. Kids will give up money to go where they feel wanted. Our coaches give them time, make the phone calls, are at their games, etc. more than most major programs can be. (Iowa has offered 25 kids all over the country.) If the kid is interested, has potential Big 12 talent, & is the type of player/teammate we are interested in, we offer.

Here is a list of kids from the 2025 class that we have been linked to or have been at their games. Whether we offer any of them or they are interested in ISU, time will tell.
Nigel James Jr. - G, NY
Brady Wooley - F, Minn
Kai Rogers - C, WI
Curtis Stinson Jr. - G, Iowa
Darius Acuff Jr - G, Mich
Luka Momcilovic - F, WI
Demarris Winters Jr. - G, Ohio
Jalen Wilson - G, Minn
Trey McKenney - G, Mich
Mason Klabo - G, ND
Juan Guerrero Hernandez - G, WI

Last edited:

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Looking at 247, since TJ has taken over recruiting reigns I noticed we don’t offer nearly as many kids as other schools. Iowa State (7) & Baylor (5) are only B12 schools in single digits. With 42% of kids with offers in 2024 committing. Obviously, this method is working for him. Is this because he ploys it as a “look at you, you and only 6 other guys got an offer from ISU”? Does he hon in on kids and talk until they’re ready to commit then extend offer? Seems like that’s what happened with Dwayne Pierce, he had an offer for a week. No flak towards him just an interesting topic when multiple other B12 schools are pushing 30-40. I’d say it’s similar in B1G with very few schools under 10 offers given. Maybe this is at the fault of 247 for not updating Iowa State recruiting either, which could be the case I’ve got my likes and dislikes with them….

We offer with intention to push for a commitment. The only high school player I can think of during the TJ era that we definitely wanted and simply missed on was Alex Karaban who ended up starting as a RS Freshmen on UConn's national championship team this past year. We were recruiting Cam Christie some in the 2023 class but the fit seemed to be better with Jelani. Same with Isaac Asuma and Nick Janowski in 2024 - we were definitely recruiting them for a time but we ended up taking Dwayne Pierce and Nojus instead.

It's likely why we're being patient with a 2025 offer to Curtis Stinson Jr. If we do offer, we want to make sure he's our priority. Delicate relationship with his father being a notable legacy as well.

Another general recruiting note: The days of 4 or 5 man high school classes are probably over. 2023 is likely an exception due to Omaha who we are only counting on for 1 year. Going forward it will make more sense to take 2 or 3 high school guys and then fill needs with a couple portal players each spring.

Last edited: