*** Official Future CF Bracket Thread ***

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
First 3 are great. What is “soft drink”? :jimlad: You mean pop?

lol. Not sure there are 64 pops to make a field.
Yes, pop :D

Easily 64 of them:

Coke
Diet Coke
Coke Zero
Pepsi
Diet Pepsi
Pepsi Zero
Dr Pepper
Mr Pibb
RC Cola
Mountain Dew (and a few of their variations)
Sprite
7Up
Canada Dry
Fanta Orange
Orange Crush
Sunkist
Fanta Pineapple
Fanta Grape
A&W Root Beer
Cream Soda

I'm sure there's a bunch others I'm forgetting.

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Yes, pop :D

Easily 64 of them:

Coke
Diet Coke
Coke Zero
Pepsi
Diet Pepsi
Pepsi Zero
Dr Pepper
Mr Pibb
RC Cola
Mountain Dew (and a few of their variations)
Sprite
7Up
Canada Dry
Fanta Orange
Orange Crush
Sunkist
Fanta Pineapple
Fanta Grape
A&W Root Beer
Cream Soda

I'm sure there's a bunch others I'm forgetting.

I stand corrected. But never drank nearly all of these. For my mom, don't forget Tab.

And when I was in HS, our cruising cocktail of choice was cheap vodka and some Squirt.

Reactions: GTO

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Just a heads up that the cereal committee is put finishing touches on our bracket and a selection show thread will be coming soon. When a time is decided on I'll post in here if anyone wants to be on when selection show goes live.

Reactions: demoncore1031

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Cereal bracket is finalized but as selection show host the next couple of nights are busy so selection show thread will be 5pm on Thursday.

Excited to announce with this selection show I will being adding a visual feature with pictures of each cereal matchup as they are announced.

Last edited:

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
ESPN personalities (past and present)

Local sports personalities (past and present) - this one could get very interesting. May need a "wrestle-back" bracket.
Speaking of which, did you see that Howie Schwab that used to do Stump the Schwab died?

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Comedians.

I've served on committees before and would be up for again.
Speaking of... my brother, Curt Fletcher, is performing at the Des Moines Funny Bone this weekend. He has been a professional comedian for 23 (?) years and has been touring for around 20 years. If anyone needs a good laugh, or wants to heckle a Hawkeye fan, go check it out.

And I agree that we need a comedian tournament at some point.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Are there 64 fast food burgers? I like the idea of fast food restaurants with regions like “burgers”, “Mexican”, “chicken”, “other”

Pizza could be a separate one with regions being delivery, frozen, convenience store (e.g Casey’s, Hunt Brothers), fast casual (e.g. Pie Five, Mod Pizza, Pizza Studio)
I was thinking about this a while back and thought maybe we could just do a chain restaurant tourney.

Some others I would love to do eventually:

Rock bands/artists
Metal bands
Sports stars
Favorite actors/actresses
Vacation spots

I have been sitting on a metal band tournament since last fall that a committee could tweak if we ever decide to do that one. I also have a mega 256 rock band/artist tourney that would have 64 artists competing in the US, 64 in Europe, 64 in Asia, and 64 in South America. I think that is a bit much though.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I was thinking about this a while back and thought maybe we could just do a chain restaurant tourney.

Rock bands/artists
Metal bands
Sports stars
Vacation spots

I have been sitting on a metal band tournament since last fall that a committee could tweak if we ever decide to do that one. I also have a mega 256 rock band/artist tourney that would have 64 artists competing in the US, 64 in Europe, 64 in Asia, and 64 in South America. I think that is a bit much though.
Favorite actresses inevitably would end up in a barrage of JLH gifs.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Rock bands/artists
Metal bands
Sports stars
Vacation spots

I could not name that many bands if I needed to, that is actually quite impressive.

dukeebear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 30, 2006
Ames
Quandary for cereal tourney ... maybe it's something we'd have to decide at the committee level, but posting here to get max feedback: Do we separate pre-sweetened and non-sweetened into separate regions (like strive for 50/50 balance) or use strict seeding?

Extension of that, I wondered about consideration of cereal companies, but those are more like "conferences" and probably don't need special focus (and there's only about 4 main breakfast-makers anyway).
It doesn't matter, Cinnamon Toast Crunch already won

Reactions: demoncore1031

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Either result is good with me as they are my top 2 favorite cereals.
Those are my top two as well. Don't get to eat them very often (wife says too much sugar), so I'll do Honey Bunches of Oats (with almonds). Pretty much the three I stick to the most. During my childhood, ate a lot of Frosted Flakes, Honey Smacks, Cap'n Crunch, and Lucky Charms.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Funny thing is I don't really like Reese's Peanut Butter cups, but the Reese's Puffs cereal I absolutely love

I though usually buy the fareway (here in Iowa) or fill in knockoff brand in your area because while it's lower quality it's half the price. :)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron