***Official Game Day Thread - ISU vs. Nebraska - Big XII Tourney***

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Survive and advance. Probably should have figured we would get Nebby's best shot. Their only hope to keep their miserable season alive was to knock us off. Thankfully... BF and crew did just enough to get the job done.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
They mentioned on TV about Z not being down here/ or available. Said she was "hurt". Is she hurt or sick? Anybody know or willing to say?
I wondered about that. First it was hurt, then sick, but no specifics, like the flu, or ankle sprain, etc. Just seems odd it's so mysterious...

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
I thought this was Lauren Mansfield's best game of the year. Sans the missed free throws at the end, her outside shooting, rebounds, and limited turnovers were great.

Last edited:

woodie

Apr 10, 2006
I thought this was Loren Mansfield's best game of the year. Sans the missed free throws at the end, her outside shooting, rebounds, and limited turnovers were great.

fuskers.good riddens to the little 10-hope you enjoy getting beat by teams from the little 10,bugeaters!!!!!!!!!!!!

Polarbears

Apr 10, 2009
I wondered about that. First it was hurt, then sick, but no specifics, like the flu, or ankle sprain, etc. Just seems odd it's so mysterious...

The in-game blogger said she missed the trip down, joined them last night. Probably missed all the walk-throughs for the game, so doubtful she would have played even if she dressed. Hoping she is good to play tomorrow, we might need her spark!

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Back at our hotel following this game. Knew Nebraska would probably give us one good game. I afraid to say it but the T on Pop was the right call. She did it because of the frustration of getting mauled all day. The T was the best thing to happen to us. We got most the calls the rest of the game and it woke up us ISU fans who quite frankly had been pathetic until that play. The Huskers are dead as Big 12 members. It's been a great ride. Good Luck in the Big 10 and please twice a year kick the Hawkeyes *****.
smile.gif

Good luck to the Twister Sisters tomorrow as I'll be at the guys game.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
This dedication goes out to Lincoln, NE

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaG2Acg8n60]YouTube - Steam - na na hey hey kiss him goodbye[/ame]

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Gotta say I thought it was another god awful performance by the ladies. Very happy we pulled it out, but man it was too much of a struggle. Disappointing.

I'll be surprised if we can get KSU again tomorrow for the 3rd time. Chambers did nothing at the game in Manhatten. I expect her to light it up. Hopefully we can be better than the last 2 games...ughh.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Gotta say I thought it was another god awful performance by the ladies. Very happy we pulled it out, but man it was too much of a struggle. Disappointing.

We've had our share of bad performances, but I disagree about this one. We had some defensive lapses, but overall it wasn't poorly played. Nebraska played out of their minds for 35 minutes. If anything I think it's a testament to this ISU team to weather that and pull it out in the end.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
We've had our share of bad performances, but I disagree about this one. We had some defensive lapses, but overall it wasn't poorly played. Nebraska played out of their minds for 35 minutes. If anything I think it's a testament to this ISU team to weather that and pull it out in the end.

Agreed. Maybe for awhile the team didn't take the Fuskers as a serious threat. This type of game could be the late season wakeup call they need to really get things going. K-State is going to have their hands full tomorrow. :yes:

Cysister

Mar 18, 2008
Dubuque, IA
I afraid to say it but the T on Pop was the right call. She did it because of the frustration of getting mauled all day.

I would have to disagree. It was not an intentional elbow to the head. It certainly wasn't intentional. I personally in the replays never saw the elbow above the shoulder let alone her leading with the elbow. If anything it should have just been a T and ISU's ball.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
I would have to disagree. It was not an intentional elbow to the head. It certainly wasn't intentional. I personally in the replays never saw the elbow above the shoulder let alone her leading with the elbow.

They must have called Pop for pushing her away with the forearm, because her elbow barely grazed the Nebraska player.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I would have to disagree. It was not an intentional elbow to the head. It certainly wasn't intentional. I personally in the replays never saw the elbow above the shoulder let alone her leading with the elbow. If anything it should have just been a T and ISU's ball.

I agree with this. I have no idea way Neb GOT the ball after the T FT's.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
The in-game blogger said she missed the trip down, joined them last night. Probably missed all the walk-throughs for the game, so doubtful she would have played even if she dressed. Hoping she is good to play tomorrow, we might need her spark!

Z did not go to Missouri on Saturday. The team went from Columbia to KC, so she had to come down. Bill said yesterday she would not play today when he talked to the media yesterday.

Go Cyclones - Amanda Zimmerman ill, didn’t travel to Missouri

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron