*** Official IOWA STATE vs #12 Texas A&M Game(Day) Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Jones and Gilbert 12 turnovers between them.
34 3's taken on 61 shots too many

18-27 from stripe for 67%

ISU outscored A&M from the line.

A &M realized it was okay to take 2 point shots and not die by the 3 ball. It's what got them back in it.

ISU needs that mid range game that guys like Gabe could provide at key moments

Gabe was a streaky shooter and lots of posters here wanted him to not play.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
It sucks for the wrestling diehards...but for the typical fb/basketball fan the epic snow game outweighs one bad non-conf holiday tournament pretty easily.
Eh, I dunno. The football game was meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Fun? Yep. Basketball - yep, we get it - long season, plenty of time to improve, blah blah blah. But these last 3 games flat out sucked. Not just the losing, but the team does not look to be very good. This looks like TJ’s worst squad in 3 years (and it’s not any younger or ‘new’ than his other teams). I don’t care about preseason rankings or recruiting rankings or how we “thought” in the offseason we had put together a balanced squad that could shoot - the team just doesn’t look very good right now. Can they improve? Yep. Again, we get it. I personally just didn’t expect a week ago that today I would look at this squad worried if it’s any good at all.

And for the 100th time - these November games do matter. These losses do matter.

I don’t see us beating iowa either. God, that will be really, really embarrassing :(

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
That’s not fair to Gabe… Jones isn’t nearly as good defensively. Not even close.

Edit: it’s early and we should all expect some growing pains with this team, perhaps this is the pain part and the growth is next.

cincinnaticyclone

Nov 29, 2016
Once again, does it matter? If we’re going to lose anyway I’d rather lose watching a McDonald’s All American play like crap than watching Curtis Jones play like crap. That’s just me though
These posts trashing Biliew for not single handedly saving our offense during his five minutes on the court have finally made me understand why Harrison Barnes chose North Carolina

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
He was but he had a decent mid range game and kinda of tried different things if the 3 ball wasn't falling. Pass up a 3 ball for a dribble and 12 footer.

Point being screw analytics sometimes and just take a closer shot if things aren't falling

• Agree
Reactions: Darius Bieber

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
That’s not fair to Gabe… Jones isn’t nearly as good defensively. Not even close.

It was never fair to Gabe. Jones has been commended for his defense though and as it stands the whole team shooting 25% from three and 35% FGs isn't just a Jones thing.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
Becuase it is just asinine to keep asking for Billew to learn in these games. His time will come, but he is not ready.

And the answer to your second question is everyone that I have seen other than Billew looks more ready than him. I am looking forward to him being awesome and I know it will happen, but he is not there right now and showing it in small spurts every time he is on the floor.
Agree. Omaha simply does not look remotely ready to be a contributor. It is what it is - a LOT of freshman every year are not ready Year 1. Admittedly, I am surprised he’s this “unready” but hope he can get there.

• Agree
Reactions: Darius Bieber

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Some fiery passion is all good, let's just try and not to be nasty to each other.
Not saying you can't disagree, let's just not make it personal, you know?