*** Official IOWA STATE vs #19 Clemson Cheez-It Bowl Game(Day) Thread ***

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
@brentblum, watched the game on TV, but then caught JW, you and company afterwards. What's your next gig did you announce it, or if you can't say that's fine. Gonna miss you on the radio.

VegasCy

Dec 16, 2018
It's still remarkable to me how much more solid the ISU football program has become. They were 1 drive away from overtime against a (slightly down) blue blood and were playing without probably the best running back and best linebacker in the conference (maybe the country?). Also, had one of the best receivers in the conference severely limited. And it's not like they were in the game due to multiple fluke plays. This is a definite improvement over the Notre Dame bowl game and a tremendous improvement over Iowa State during most of my fandom.
I find it amazing that we are in a position to have guys opt out. Never been an ISU issue until now. I do think that Notre Dame team would wax this Clemson team.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
30 yards in personal foul penalties from one defensive player was a killer. Plus you can't expect miracles from Purdy when you give him the ball at the 2, 10 and 15 yard line short three offensive linemen and the nation's top running back.
And short his favorite receiving target.

Reactions: Kinch

VegasCy

Dec 16, 2018
Going to and winning a NY6 bowl was way more fun than having teams go to the sweet 16. I was way too young for the Elite 8 team so maybe thats more fun
I was in college at the time. I’m sure in a non-covid year, they would be very similar. Of course, the advantage of the Elite 8 is if you win you get to play another game.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Purdy has done more for ISU football than any other player IMO. He also has three plays that I’ve never seen before. A backwards interception in the flat, volleyball set interception, and fumbling on a 4th down in front of the line to gain to recover it behind the line of gain.
When good, he is pretty good. When bad he is horrific.

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Sorry, wasn't able to check in on this thread during the game, but what was Campbell losing his mind about that eventually cost us a timeout? If the announcers said anything I missed it.

Help Support Us

Become a patron