*** Official IOWA STATE vs #19 Clemson Cheez-It Bowl Game(Day) Thread ***

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
We will see what happens but Roses mom said he was going to play.
the-grinch-smile.gif

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
Oh no. No hope at all. Might as well get on the plane now. Save yourself the heartache.

HaHa. We still got a game tonight I believe. Next man up. And we will represent!
Exactly. Next man up. Look at the positives of key players being out / hurt, it's an opportunity for these younger guys to show their stuff. They may be hungry and waiting all year and now's their chance.

Sure, we fans would like to have our all-conference and best players out there, but it's exciting to get a look at key players for next season in this game and get them some big time experience.

Some of you posters say "all this bowl crap" and "can't even enjoy college football anymore" should try and look on the bright side. Go State!

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Exactly. Next man up. Look at the positives of key players being out / hurt, it's an opportunity for these younger guys to show their stuff. They may be hungry and waiting all year and now's their chance.

Sure, we fans would like to have our all-conference and best players out there, but it's exciting to get a look at key players for next season in this game and get them some big time experience.

Some of you posters say "all this bowl crap" and "can't even enjoy college football anymore" should try and look on the bright side. Go State!

Generally, I agree; it's just an exhibition really and a reward for the players and fans to have some fun.

The problem though is the 24 hour news cycle and ESPN. Lose, and the last memory the general public has until next year is "they suck", their conference sucks. Win, and you get pre-season #7 ratings. Unfortunately, perception is reality, and it impacts recruiting, TV ratings/money, et al.

So in happy land, it doesn't matter. But in the real world it does matter some.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Updates:
RB1 Hall upgraded to Biggest Cheerleader
WR1 Hutchinson is Radio Rumor
C Newell is Hotel Bootin' CFer Rumor
SLB Rose upgraded to Momma Said Playin' CFer
MS Young downgraded to Doubtful
Gonna be a fun afternoon!!!

Reactions: aauummm

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Generally, I agree; it's just an exhibition really and a reward for the players and fans to have some fun.

The problem though is the 24 hour news cycle and ESPN. Lose, and the last memory the general public has until next year is "they suck", their conference sucks. Win, and you get pre-season #7 ratings. Unfortunately, perception is reality, and it impacts recruiting, TV ratings/money, et al.

So in happy land, it doesn't matter. But in the real world it does matter some.

I think about this too but then I think about how forgettable so many other games are that feature 7-5ish teams and even the higher profile ones and how some of these don't really impact what happens to so many teams.

The transfer/early draft thing has only enhanced the lack of interest for me. It's just kind of football being on which is fine.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I think about this too but then I think about how forgettable so many other games are that feature 7-5ish teams and even the higher profile ones and how some of these don't really impact what happens to so many teams.

The transfer/early draft thing has only enhanced the lack of interest for me. It's just kind of football being on which is fine.

How long until the regular season is expanded and the lower bowls junked?