*** Official IOWA STATE vs #19 Clemson Cheez-It Bowl Game(Day) Thread ***

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
When execution repeatedly doesn't occur, when the same plays are missed, when the same mistakes are made game after game, and season after season, it is a coaching problem. It's been said several times in this thread, the offense-side of ISU football is continually disorganized and mistake-prone. It's night and day difference between the defense and offense.

My point is, the OC isn’t in charge of everything on the offense. He is in charge of implementing the game plan and play calling. Changing the OC won’t magically make the WR run the right route or make the RB hit the right hole or cause the QB to not hit a wide open WR. They were in positions to make plays today and didn’t. The whole offensive coaching staff didn’t prepare them well enough, this isn’t all on the OC.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
You watched that entire game and your take away was Campbell shouldn’t get mad when they are doing something obviously against the rules and Noel should have been tossed on a play he wasn’t even flagged on?
If that’s your take, can’t help you. Did you see Dabo lose his mouth Nd and his team on the late hit call that led to our last TD?

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Yet Seneca was up for the Heisman and went on to play how many years in the NFL? Yeah….. he sucked.

Talent is talent….. had Seneca played for the teams that Purdy did….. OMG!!

Seneca was in Heisman talks through six games. We all know what happened the other 7. There is a reason Brad Banks ended up second in voting and Seneca watched on TV.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
Noel wasn’t the only one who made those blocks, just the only one the announcers pointed out. It was to the whistle not after.
He throat-punched a guy while he was on the ground right in front of a ref.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Noel wasn’t the only one who made those blocks, just the only one the announcers pointed out. It was to the whistle not after.
And I'm pretty sure there was a reason he took it that far. Their defenders were a little chippy. I watched one of their defenders do something very similar in the first half to eisworth.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

MisterO

Proverbs 19:11
Dec 6, 2020
The players need to execute the plays…I mean if you can’t tell that plays were missed by the players I don’t know what to tell you. Many times tonight they were in good positions to make game altering plays and didn’t execute. Not singling out a position group, it was across the whole offense. And before you try to say that’s the OC and OCs job alone to make sure they don’t drop passes, miss throws, miss blocking assignments, miss holes in the run game, save it. It’s not. His job is to put them in the best position to succeed and while he obviously wasnt perfect, he put them in good positions a lot and the players didn’t execute.
I understand that it’s the players’ job to execute. I also understand we had many plays that were executed poorly tonight.

However, our O was routinely unprepared this year. TTU, WVU, toe, Baylor, and tonight. We were unprepared and anemic most of the game. That’s on Manning. When we need scores in critical moments- Manning has our offense nowhere to be found.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
My point is, the OC isn’t in charge of everything on the offense. He is in charge of implementing the game plan and play calling. Changing the OC won’t magically make the WR run the right route or make the RB hit the right hole or cause the QB to not hit a wide open WR. They were in positions to make plays today and didn’t. The whole offensive coaching staff didn’t prepare them well enough, this isn’t all on the OC.

The OC is the one calling a draw play on 3rd and 10.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
If that’s your take, can’t help you. Did you see Dabo lose his mouth Nd and his team on the late hit call that led to our last TD?

He lost his team by arguing with a ref? What in the world are you even talking about? What does lost his team even mean?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
He throat-punched a guy while he was on the ground right in front of a ref.
I didn’t see the throat punch so I will take your word there. That shouldn’t happen no matter what the other team was doing. The replay On TV had his back blocking everything so I just thought he threw him to the ground and shoved his hands off.

• Agree
Reactions: cygrads

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
He lost his team by arguing with a ref? What in the world are you even talking about? What does lost his team even mean?
He was arguing vehemently to the point he disrupted the game over a rule that isn’t even a rule. I’m heading out because I don’t want to argue the point, but it changed the momentum at the time.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Seneca was in Heisman talks through six games. We all know what happened the other 7. There is a reason Brad Banks ended up second in voting and Seneca watched on TV.

Our team sucked, but Seneca single-handedly beat Banks in IC that year and I was there to enjoy it! Seneca was amazing…. have never seen an ISU QB come close to playing that well ever since!

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Time to put a big ugly bow on this season, thank these young men for putting in all the effort for us folks who do not put any more than our money and feelings on the line every week and go get behind the bball teams.

Heck, 99.9% of us can't and never could do anything any of them can / do for our entertainment. Maybe we could remember that when we are shitting all over them for not living up to our "deserved" expectations.