*** Official IOWA STATE vs #20 UCONN Game(Day) Thread ***

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Self is way more annoying than Fran. Fran is only a threat occasionally. Self is always top of the mountain.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Beard is the most annoying coach in the Big 12. I'm well aware of Hurleys antics and find it entertaining - probably not so much tonight but its still Beard by a mile.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I knew some 12 year old would come back with this reply.

I have been a fan of ISU men's BB for some years and no other coach I can remember looks as miserable as he does......all the time. And watching his fake tough guy antics are not pleasant at all.

Doesn't matter who wins or loses it's not funny, or even good basketball.......that's irritating. Just feel sorry for the other teams in the Big 10 who have to deal with that BS twice a year.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Just about ready to take over the ATL United Club to watch the WBB game!

Reactions: agentbear

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Anyone know anything about uconn? Good matchup?
They hadn’t played anyone before this tourney and still haven’t played a close game. The fewest they’ve scored is 82 (Bama) and the most they’ve given up is 67 (also Bama). So they have played a game in the sixties and they haven’t played a game where each possession matters- both of which will be the case tonight.

They are a fairly similar team to UNC, with experienced guards around a skilled big body post. Sanogo is more versatile offensively than Bacot, but not as good defensively or rebounding. He’s added a 3pt shot this years, making 7/13 so far.

Freshman Karaban is the ‘4’, similar to Nance. I expect he’ll struggle with Kunc like Nance did.

The have three Sr guard transfers, the best is Newton, the PG, from Va Tech. The others are from East Carolina and San Diego.

The off the bench they have a couple athletes and the monster freshman, but none of they do much usually.

They’ve forced a lot of turnovers so far this year, but they seem to just play solid, disciplined defense, not a pressure/trapping D like we do.

They’ve made about twice as many 3s as they’ve given up so far, so it will be a key. We need to make some shots and turn them over, as usual. But this is a very winnable game.