*** Official IOWA STATE vs #7 Baylor Game(Day) Thread ***

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
The first half the officiating was horrendous, the 2nd half was a complete “180” and I thought they were incredibly good! lol

Reactions: CyNews

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
The best part of the win is no player on the team did anything amazing that they can’t do every night. Not like they made 15 threes or anything. The 3 keys were sharing the basketball and making Baylor work so hard to score and rebounding. I don’t remember a single Baylor fast break.
Something like 19 assists on 26 made baskets? That's the exact prescription that TJ laid out the other day, and they came through in a big way.

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
Tre had some great buckets. Fatigue set in with him late in the game. Curious to know if he had a career high in minutes this game.

The player that really surprised and impressed me was Watson! If he continues to refine his game, we may have a true gem there.
I think Watson's going to be really good in the coming years.

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
Im too lazy to look it up right now, so anyone know who wins the tiebreakers if UT, BU, and K-St all tie at 11-7?

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
One of my favorite parts of the game today:

On our last possession TJ had our guys purposely dribble out the shot clock for an automatic turnover. Then Baylor inbounds the ball with 5 seconds to go and Flager flings up a meaningless 3 pointer at the buzzer to get his 20 points for the game.
Seems like Gabe did the same at the end of WVU (or OU?). No big deal.

Reactions: CyCloned

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
Tre had some great buckets. Fatigue set in with him late in the game. Curious to know if he had a career high in minutes this game.

The player that really surprised and impressed me was Watson! If he continues to refine his game, we may have a true gem there.

No, he played 27 today. Not even season high in minutes played (29 against OK state and 27 against Mizzou). He also consistently played 30 or more at EKU but I’m assuming you meant this season.

Reactions: mjhavlo76

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
I tuned in half way through the first half, saw ISU was up 11 and turned it off. I tuned in the second half to watch a 10-0 run by the Bears and turned it off again. Turned it back on with 5 minutes left and watched the rest. It looked like they had everything in control by then. Great win. Too bad they did have a few more games in Feb like this one.
You just described my superstitions/nerves to a t. I do the exact same thing.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
A win means I get to break out the Rulzzz pre-game prediction award. With an early game there was only a page of nominees. These stood out the most

3rd tie - team did come out focused and while not a 50 point win a 20 point win on the road feels the same as 50. :)
I also think we will win on Saturday. I have a feeling this team will be more focused and energized! ❤️

Last year’s team got down by a million and rallied to make it interesting. This year’s team has a bit more talent. Based on that logic we win.

100-50 good guys.

2nd
Time to shock the world.

Clones beat the bears like a dirty rug.

1. Giving Carver the nod as Holmes was leading scorer and had the assist on the exclamation point dunk by Osun. Watson played great minutes especially the one possession where he kept the ball alive and ended up with a dunk.

Thanks, Rulzzz! Maybe Holmes and Dr. Watson can solve the mystery of putting a big orange ball through a hoop.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron