*** Official IOWA STATE VS #9 Oklahoma Game(Day) Thread ***

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
Agree. Terrible coaching decision to go for two when all the momentum was in our favor. Very stupid.
Many reasonable football observers would argue that's exactly when you should go for 2.

I understood the call. I was disappointed that Brock looked right through a wide open clutch target in Kolar. Game winner staring him right in the face on the goaline, and he went with the small window to Pettway.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
As long as we keep building each year and "trust the process" we'll be in a place in a year or two where we win these games even with the errors. We're here; we aren't close or winning games out of luck. We legitimately have good teams now. So I don't think it's a matter of a lucky year where things go our way; we are making them go our way.
Yes...... we are good enough that now a top 10 OU team needs a little luck to beat us. Never did I imagine back in my day where the Switzer led OU teams starters would come out of halftime with sweats on would I ever say that.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
As long as we keep building each year and "trust the process" we'll be in a place in a year or two where we win these games even with the errors. We're here; we aren't close or winning games out of luck. We legitimately have good teams now. So I don't think it's a matter of a lucky year where things go our way; we are making them go our way.

These kinds of games and stages are priceless for Purdy and the other underclassmen. If Campbell stays and keeps building, we will be in these types of situations again. They'll learn from it.