*** Official IOWA STATE vs Baylor Game(Day) Thread ***

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
I think we're going to win still but it would be nice if we could go a full season without getting ****** over by a stupid targeting call

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
Said this before the turnover. Up 17-0, have all the momentum, giant rain storm, getting the ball in 2nd half. Seems like a “just run out the half” situation.

Hope those events don't change the outcome of game.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Absolutely the most Iowa State 1:15 seconds imaginable.
Yeah, it wasn't good. Not just an INT but targeting to lose our best defensive player, and they score 6. Triple ouch.

But please, not again, not against Baylor. We have to stomp them in the 2nd half.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I should feel better being up 17-7 at half, but a few what ifs and we would be up by 24.

Seems like 2nd half will come down to ISU getting a run game going in 2nd half, especially if hard rain continues. Also, we need to figure a way to put pressure on BU QB. If Baylor executes in first half they might be up.
Do you feel better that we’re actually up 17-6?

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Bears in green satin
Never able to defend
Fumbles theyve reviewed
Never meaning to upend

Rocco he rarely passed
To these guys before
But the playbook has opened
So now they can score

Lets go ISU
Yes ISU
Oh, how ISU

Gazing at Campbell
Clipboard in hand
Just how hot his seat is
We can't understand

ESPN tries to charge me
Rates they cannot defend
Just what Disney wants you to pay
You will pay in the end

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
There’s not much a guy can do many targeting calls except defy physics. It’s the dumbest rule in all of sports.

I mentioned it in the general CFB thread, but an OU player got a rough targeting call against them when the QB decided to slide right before the goal line instead of go head first like he should have. So at the last second he went from a runner to a defenseless player. There was no opportunity for the defender to react and pull up, yet he got ejected and KU got a new set of downs instead of 4th and goal.

It’s just a rule that needs to change to give the defenders a chance. Penalize the aggregeous hits and hold the offensive players accountable for lowering their helmets into defenders.

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
for the 100th time, I don't see why the NCAA dosn't adopt the Target Level 1, target Level 2 rule.

This would have clearly been Target level 2.

leave Target level 2 to 15 yard penalty and move on.

Level 1 would be leading with the crown like a missile and and making a very obvious and dangerous play. that would be the ejection rule.

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
Bears in green satin
Never able to defend
Fumbles theyve reviewed
Never meaning to upend

Rocco he rarely passed
To these guys before
So now they can score

Lets go ISU
Yes ISU
Oh, how ISU

Gazing at Campbell
Clipboard in hand
Just how hot his seat is
We can't understand

ESPN tries to charge me
Rates they cannot defend
You will pay in the end
Gotta ask... how long have you worked on that one

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Bears in green satin
Never able to defend
Fumbles theyve reviewed
Never meaning to upend

Rocco he rarely passed
To these guys before
So now they can score

Lets go ISU
Yes ISU
Oh, how ISU

Gazing at Campbell
Clipboard in hand
Just how hot his seat is
We can't understand

ESPN tries to charge me
Rates they cannot defend
You will pay in the end
I want some of that Bleu, too.
Nice rhyming, BTW.

• Funny
Reactions: CascadeClone

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Offense has 2 turn overs and missed a wide open man for a TD.

I would say offense has moved the ball. I would not say it's been sharp. Has it played badly? No. But IMO if the offense was sharp its 28-0 or 24-0 instead of 17-6.

Defense has been sharp. Yes, holding them at the end would have been nice of course. But that score is on the offense as much as them
I never said we were sharp, and yes, we left points on the field, but outside of a couple poor throws and a fumble we played well.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Several terrible throws by Rocco in the first half. Missed an easy Higgins TD, missed a wide open Noel in the end zone and then an unacceptable pick that turned into 7 points for Baylor.

He made bad throws but the majority were on target,several tough with Higgins being boss. We moved the ball all half.Zero reason to sit on it or expect we'd turn it over on play one

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
I should feel better being up 17-7 at half, but a few what ifs and we would be up by 24.

Seems like 2nd half will come down to ISU getting a run game going in 2nd half, especially if hard rain continues. Also, we need to figure a way to put pressure on BU QB. If Baylor executes in first half they might be up.
How about 17-6 since that is the actual score?

Reactions: isucy86