*** Official IOWA STATE vs BYU Game(Day) Thread ***

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
If you have ESPN+ check out BYU post-game. Butthurt arrogance abound. Not a lick of credit to the victors.

I was just going to post this. I haven't listened to the whole show. But holy ****, you'd think those commentators would be a bit more humble after their October and November.

And I think it would be easy enough for them to say something like moving up to a big time conference is hard, but we'll get there.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Quick observation I made that made me smile: On Sama's second TD, they showed a replay from a camera from the opposite end zone that showed a lot of Iowa State's sideline. There's a point where a spirit squad member is bent over, pointing to the end zone and waving her pom-pom like she's a third base coach waving the runner home. Love it when they're that much into the game.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Another thing of note...Campbell has yet another winning conference record. His conference record should be talked ab out more.

Inthesystem

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 12, 2009
Happy they turned the season around, but wish the staff would start taking Septembers seriously. They’ve left a lot of wins on the table over the years.
I am certain the staff takes September seriously. It’s frustrating but I wonder if it’s part of being a developmental program.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Can we all take a moment to appreciate how ridiculous ESPN was for interviewing Georgia coaches and players while our game was happening? Doesn't matter if its Iowa State - BYU or Akron - Bowling Green, you go to the game that's happening. Amateur hour.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Couldn't start watching until it was 10-7. Read through gameday thread, read the espn play-by-play, but still don't know who got that first interception.

Last edited:

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
You know, the box score is a lot closer than I would have guessed. I would have assumed a bigger yardage discrepancy. Especially rushing yardage. It also looks like they ran more plays than we did, which also surprises me. Just goes to show the importance of winning that turnover battle.
If you take the 4th quarter stats out of that, I bet there’s a huge discrepancy. Garbage time lasted for 18 game minutes