*** Official IOWA STATE vs Memphis Liberty Bowl Game(Day) Thread ***

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
That was Cooper’s fault. Cooper let the receiver just walk right past him. Freyler got stuck in the middle so to many it looked like it was his fault when it was completely Cooper.

Free safety has to cover deep middle first. He didn't do that. He was staring down a crossing route that was covered. Made similar mistakes against Kansas.

• Agree
Reactions: clonedude

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
To the people complaining about the play call, the play would have been fine had Sama been in. It was a designed pass to Noel that was covered. Why didn’t it work? Because Arlen Harris was in. He hasn’t ran the ball all year. Every time he’s been in the game during the season, it was to pass block. I can see that from my couch. Imagine being payed to watch for this stuff. No doubt the Memphis staff saw this as well and coached their team to know this. The memphis team knew he wasn’t getting the ball which is why Noel was covered and Rocco had to run.

• Winner
Reactions: RezClone

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Still don't know how we were favored by 10
We’re not in a great position when we continue to struggle so much in these types of games. We should be favored by 10 over a team like Memphis, but we never play like it (cough Ohio). I understand the little guys can beat the big guys, but we’re a long way from consistently being a big guy.

• Agree
Reactions: rosshm16 and bos

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Walters and Heft key to the game was ISU being able to establish the run game. So our brilliant coaching staff abandons it.

• Haha
Reactions: NoCreativity

LAClone

Apr 26, 2010
To the people complaining about the play call, the play would have been fine had Sama been in. It was a designed pass to Noel that was covered. Why didn’t it work? Because Arlen Harris was in. He hasn’t ran the ball all year. Every time he’s been in the game during the season, it was to pass block. I can see that from my couch. Imagine being payed to watch for this stuff. No doubt the Memphis staff saw this as well and coached their team to know this. The memphis team knew he wasn’t getting the ball which is why Noel was covered and Rocco had to run.

Then, under those circumstances, it was the wrong play call?

• Disagree
Reactions: AllInForISU

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012

Except Noel wasn’t covered. Rocco just made a bad read.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Here’s the deal right now too. Memphis is definitely more hyped for this and are playing with passion. They are a G5 team that is trying to prove a point, so we are going to have to bring that energy down by putting together a couple of punishing drives.
Keep this one handy for the Iowa game next season.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Scatws
Free safety has to cover deep middle first. He didn't do that. He was staring down a crossing route that was covered. Made similar mistakes against Kansas.
So Cooper is supposed to just let the receiver burn him easily because Freyler is supposed to cover him? Okay…

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron