*** Official IOWA STATE vs Memphis Liberty Bowl Game(Day) Thread ***

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
You adapt to what is there in game. You don’t just keep banging your head against the wall.

Memphis pass coverage is atrocious. If we had just slung it all game we have a chance to win a shootout even with bad defense, rushing the ball 20+ times including nearly every first down for -1 yards is almost trying to lose on purpose.
Thank you!!!! Somebody grasps this.

I said it a few posts back, but hope to God Washington doesn’t try to establish the run Monday against Texas just because you have to do that. That would be idiotic when nobody has run on them and their back end is not good.

Reactions: KidSilverhair

cyclonemagic

Nov 26, 2006
Texas
So far, the B12 has looked good in bowl games this year. Even Arizona (incoming B12 team) beat the mighty Sooners (outgoing B12 team). ISU better figure it out in the off season if it wants to be competitive in the "new" B12.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Let's just run on 2nd or 3rd down so we don't end up with 0 yards. Might even get 10 yards or so.

SDClone

Oct 3, 2007
Ankeny, Iowa
I am usually pretty quiet here. I don’t care that this is what many of you call a so called exhibition game. Thi is probably the most embarrassing performance I have seen next to the Ohio game. I give the Ohio game a small pass due to illness. This game is an embarrassment to the program. No prep, no inspiration and an oline that looked like a jv oline. If the team didn’t want to be here today they should have declined the invite. We have see many many times the lack of preparation from Campbell with teams we should be handling and then coming out and laying an egg. I think this is an ego personality where he thinks they can just have the show up and win. It is getting pretty damn old seeing this sort of game and lack of preparation.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
This was a total and complete beat down.

No way to sugarcoat it. We should be down a LOT more.

In the 1st qtr when we knew we couldn’t even get a yard on the ground against a G5 team…. it was over. Was never going to be a game at that point.

We got our rear ends physically whipped. Congrats to Memphis!!