*** Official IOWA STATE vs Memphis Liberty Bowl Game(Day) Thread ***

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
Embarrassing ending but better season than I would have expected. Maddening with all the wasted opportunities where the team was completely unprepared. Check back for first conference game next year when the coaching staff may actually be motivated.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Zero, Zero yards rushing against a G5 team. I don't care if it's a bowl game, that is inexcusable. We really need to go out and find someone who knows something about coaching an offensive line.

Reactions: Baseline23

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
So far, the B12 has looked good in bowl games this year. Even Arizona (incoming B12 team) beat the mighty Sooners (outgoing B12 team). ISU better figure it out in the off season if it wants to be competitive in the "new" B12.

Teams that looked the worst were ISU and Utah that thinks they will be easy 10-0 every season.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Zero, Zero yards rushing against a G5 team. I don't care if it's a bowl game, that is inexcusable. We really need to go out and find someone who knows something about coaching an offensive line.
Ok - Memphis to the big 12. Problem solved!!

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022
Iowa State should never lose to the Memphises and Ohios of the world. Its beyond embarassing to get boat raced by a team from the American Athletic Conference
Really disagree. The game may have been different had Tampa played…and he may have if this meant something. I love that we made a bowl game. It’s good for the fans and the players…but winning this is unfortunately not a big deal.

Bob f

Nov 9, 2019
Iowa
Well I'm not going to call it that but if you say so I'm putting all my trust in you.
Rocco is decent qb, not a game changer. He will start next year with decent results. With bad o line play, same results. I can't see a kid like him sit on the sidelines.

• Agree
Reactions: Lineup

ISU1991

Sep 30, 2017
Memphis they just said on the post game was 100th nationally against the rush and we got ZERO YARDS.

• Wow
Reactions: sunset

OKClones

Dec 12, 2019
Felt really good after Texas and K State games. Feel terrible after today.

Cyclone football program has taken another step back. 20 starters coming back but let’s be honest we know we’ll look just as terrible to start next season as we did today.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
Really disagree. The game may have been different had Tampa played…and he may have if this meant something. I love that we made a bowl game. It’s good for the fans and the players…but winning this is unfortunately not a big deal.
One player should not be the difference in giving up 39 to freaking Memphis in a loss, versus winning the game. If it is, that’s a scary look into a complete lack of talent on our side

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron