*** Official IOWA STATE vs Ohio Game(Day) Thread ***

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Who cares about pass interference or the field goal? We got outplayed by a MAC team

I at least appreciate the announcers being honest about the two angles everybody saw on the kick.

We’d have gotten KILLED in overtime because we’d have gone back to creaming ourselves over running 3 times for 4 yards total to kick a 40ish yard field goal. Ohio, in contrast would use their entire playbook in OT and score a TD or get a shorter FG attempt because of it.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone
Apr 22, 2023
Who would you want to coach ISU? Who would want to come here?
Any up and coming coordinator. I'd rather see an up and comer go 1-8 in conference vs a 8 yr guy playing Einstein.
Would only have to pay him less than half of what Campbell makes - that would help with buy out.

cyphoon

Sep 8, 2011
Defense holds opposing teams to 13 and 10 points in consecutive games, and we lose both.

The real nut punch is that much better offenses await, and our offense might be about as good as it is going to be. Good chance this season gets uglier each week.

H

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Because Football and Basketball tend to have opposite levels of success in the same season, It bodes well for our hoops season!

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Rocco is not a bad QB but Iowa State must have a dual threat QB with zero run game and a weak O line…

Then Kohl is your third stringer, he did not look quick footed in limited action.

I actually think Becht is a significant improvement over Hunter so far, he’s not constantly getting dropped for a loss and he is better at improvising. A massive % of the problem is total inability to run the bal….yet a burning desire to run the ball every first and second down.

danvillecyclone

Dec 8, 2011
When you recruit and develop

And yea CMC is very good at that,

You need to pay someone to scheme and do the game day heavy lifting.

Heacock is that guy on D.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
All this bull**** is on Campbell. I don’t care about whether the field goal was in. I don’t care about PI. You spend 90 percent of every game calling the game like an absolute coward and your left having to hope for a call or a good bounce. They don’t deserve to win these games. Campbell is out of his league completely and we will never have success again unless he quits with the uber conservative bull****.