*** Official IOWA STATE vs Ohio Game(Day) Thread ***

Thp427

Mar 14, 2021
Wow. That was surprising ugly. I thought Vegas was really disrespecting us with just a 3 point line. Our offense looks absolutely terrible. At this point, I doubt we will be favored to win another game this year.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
Wow. That was surprising ugly. I thought Vegas was really disrespecting us with just a 3 point line. Our offense looks absolutely terrible. At this point, I doubt we will be favored to win another game this year.
We won’t be. And we may not win another game.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
The 2 turnovers decided this game. Hard to score when the defense is on the field all day.
Hats off to our defense.... they were stellar. Gave us a chance to win against a good MAC team on the road.

Big Daddy Kang

Mar 20, 2021
The 2 turnovers decided this game. Hard to score when the defense is on the field all day.
Hats off to our defense.... they were stellar. Gave us a chance to win against a good MAC team on the road.
Just **** off already. This is a MAC team which has 10% of ISU's resources. It's an abomination.

Fire the douche who scheduled a MAC game, on the road, tomorrow!

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Have to use the tight ends more, use that seam route more, and throw to the middle of the field. Rocco has to run the ball as well. Going to have to use the pass game to set up the run. It’s the only chance you got.

I don’t know where our tight ends went but we have to throw to them more.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Have to use the tight ends more, use that seam route more, and throw to the middle of the field. Rocco has to run the ball as well. Going to have to use the pass game to set up the run. It’s the only chance you got.

I don’t know where our tight ends went but we have to throw to them more.
I agree. We absolutely have to make the other team defend more than the first 10 yards from the line of scrimmage. The one time we did that, we flew right down the field and scored. Do that enough, and there won't be so many guys defending up tight.

DBQR4CY

Jun 7, 2013
Ankeny(By way of Dubuque)
Just **** off already. This is a MAC team which has 10% of ISU's resources. It's an abomination.

Fire the douche who scheduled a MAC game, on the road, tomorrow!
I don't think Iowa State wins this game if it's in Ames by the way they played. I did kids who are from Ohio back in their home state for a game. One of them had 43 people come to see him. I imagine at the time it was scheduled it was a way to get Iowa State into the state of Ohio for recruiting purposes...before they knew Cincinnati was coming to the Big 12.

83cy

May 14, 2006
-2 on turnovers, 2 missed FG's just like last year ISU finds a way to lose, so disheartening.

• Agree
Reactions: chadly82

JK4ISU

Dec 5, 2022
Ames
In 1994 Walden lost 28-14 to Northern Iowa on his way to a winless season, which included losses to Western Michigan and Rice. This probably ranks with those losses. Towards the end of the season, Iowa State hosted Missouri and only 31,000 showed up. Pollard is hoping that he is not staring a repeat of that.
Not to mention that we have two home games in the next three weeks, then a month until the next one. Will anyone go to the November games if we’ve lost most of the September and October games and can’t go to a bowl? At the end of October it would be pretty easy for most people to transition to BB season.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I’m totally fine with the “we didn’t earn the win” crowd on this one today…but I do find it funny that half of our fans instantly cope with “The FG definitely 100% was no good” and yet ESPN is still running the story and video of the FG on their front page just plainly describing it was a blown call.

We have such scars and it’s a real psychology lesson to see us deal with it all In such different ways from person to person.

Reactions: quasistellar

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
New low in the Campbell Era, and there have been some REAL low points.
Some of the worst offensive line play I have ever seen, it made me nauseous watching that level of failure.
Yes I started watching them specifically instead of the ball and it was awful all game long

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Yesterday Ohio came into the game having given up 8 turnovers and we still managed to give it away more than them

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
Yesterday Ohio came into the game having given up 8 turnovers and we still managed to give it away more than them
If we played the games on computers with stat sheets, we'd save a lot of injuries. Of course, we'd need a way to generate the stats.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron