*** Official IOWA STATE vs Ohio Game(Day) Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'm not sure if it was all Becht (what is he coached to do?) but him still throwing means that was the only place he was going with the ball.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
It is taking SO MUCH effort to get even a plurality of this fan base past the “denial” part of grief.
Curious, exactly who is responsible for those things?

Neither of those things mean we cannot try some flag, post, go, and sluggo routes.

Not to mention any jet sweeps, reverses, or 2 back sets.

Those things you mention do not excuse a lack of creativity or a complete inability to manage a game clock.
I'm out...
Agree, and as others have said, CF is going to implode if ISU wins a close game, or loses to Ohio. I hate to say this, and I enjoy being on CF and participating in the game (during and after) but I might check out of CF for a week or so. [I probably won't be able to.]

The offense doesn't look good so far, nor the play calling. [I am only listening via radio today.] There is no run game, again, and the first half is about over, it's 0-0 at the half. The D is doing it's part, again.

Personally, I hope you (and some others) can check yourself today, and this week, if this game goes poorly in the second half. I'm not saying don't comment. I think your points have been made and are very clear. Even to check yourself for the abysmal 1st half. There is a lot to criticize, unfortunately.

Folks that excuse our offense and play calling are just going to half to have more time to see that we cannot play for next year, or the year after, or the year after, ad nauseum. To see that our offense still sucks, against Ohio, why would next game or next year be measurably better? To see that Campbell is indeed, extremely stubborn. To see how we are going to falter in the new Big 12, if this trajectory and play calling continues.

I'll leave it to you. We all love Iowa State. For me, I'm going to do something else this week, I think, other than CF. "Yeah, I have got to find a rhythm, got to find a run game. But what a great challenge for me (and our team)." -My parody of CMC at halftime, Ohio game. :(

GO CYCLONES!

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I really want to know if our coaches are unwilling to adapt the offensive playcalling to what the defense is giving them because they are stubborn or because they think Rocco can't handle it.
I think it's both.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Becht is a vanilla, predictable, boring quarterback. No wonder this coaching staff continues to give him a chance.

I mean, its not like Kohl looked good against UNI. Our offensive staff has problems, but its not like they have a lot of great options at QB right now.