*** Official IOWA STATE vs Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Listening to the KU-Texas broadcast. All of the music in between breaks at the stadium are70s 80s, nothing really newer than that. Texas is a blah place to watch football if you are a student, it would appear to me.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
It's eerily similar to the last Hoiberg team. Lots of hype, key players back from a nice prior season.

But not to be trusted as soon as they start to gain some traction and some straight weirdness in crucial moments.
That team was a 3 seed and won the Big 12 tourney. It's not even remotely the same, it would be like if that team backed into the tourney as a 10 seed after being ranked in the Top 10.

CyclonesMoney

Sep 12, 2017
Has Manning been fired yet? He’s proving to be a liability. We are doomed with that man as OC. Our defense is getting bad too but if offense could not be sleeping in the first half maybe we could be winning some of these games.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
That team was a 3 seed and won the Big 12 tourney. It's not even remotely the same, it would be like if that team backed into the tourney as a 10 seed after being ranked in the Top 10.

I meant in the sense we would beat OU and KU, but then we'd lose to a ****** TT team or get beat by Baylor at home (before TT and BU were good).

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I meant in the sense we would beat OU and KU, but then we'd lose to a ****** TT team or get beat by Baylor at home (before TT and BU were good).
Yeah true, Hoiberg seemed to have a motivation problem against inferior opponents. Smoke Kansas on Big Monday....no problem, lose to Texas Tech in Lubbock 4 days later when they were 3-15 in the Big 12.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Yeah but every chance they had at the regular season big 12 title (at Tech, KSU, Baylor at home) was blown, and they struggled with teams muddling things up.

And as soon as it looked they had things a little figured out...UAB.

Also a trend of being ranked #9 and losing, much like this football team can't handle just being ranked.

This team was basic football from rolling into the Big 12 Title game and are now going to need to find something to play for.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Yeah but every chance they had at the regular season big 12 title (at Tech, KSU, Baylor at home) was blown, and they struggled with teams muddling things up.

And as soon as it looked they had things a little figured out...UAB.

Also a trend of being ranked #9 and losing, much like this football team can't handle just being ranked.

This team was basic football from rolling into the Big 12 Title game and are now going to need to find something to play for.
Yeah, that's true. I don't know what's going on. I was on the sideline a month ago in Manhattan and this defense was manhandling a good K-State team. Now we can't even contain interim coaches or freshman Qbs.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Yeah, that's true. I don't know what's going on. I was on the sideline a month ago in Manhattan and this defense was manhandling a good K-State team. Now we can't even contain interim coaches or freshman Qbs.

Yeah it's not like similar for how the whole season is playing out...just feels similar in the 'who will show up this week?' deal.

If they come out and win next week I'd expect a slog that last game.

• Agree
Reactions: NoCreativity

ttuadvisor

Sep 17, 2012
Logged on to post about the most horrific ref performance I've ever seen, the 8 reviews that all went one way, the 3 ISU TE catches that were covered up but allowed to stand including 7 points but I scrolled through all 126 pages of game threads and the Jennifer Love Hewitt gifs changed everything.

I love the hell out of ISU fans and have a ton of respect for this fanbase despite losing 5 straight to you. Anyone who posts JLH gifs has my admiration, she's the perfect woman.

You've done it the right way. Screw Texas, Okalahoma, Oklahoma State and Baylor, they all cheat their ass off. Iowa State has paid their dues, the fanbase has suffered and built it up the right way.

I have a ton of respect for y'all. Good luck the rest of the way, win the conference and Go Cyclones!

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Logged on to post about the most horrific ref performance I've ever seen, the 8 reviews that all went one way, the 3 ISU TE catches that were covered up but allowed to stand including 7 points but I scrolled through all 126 pages of game threads and the Jennifer Love Hewitt gifs changed everything.

I love the hell out of ISU fans and have a ton of respect for this fanbase despite losing 5 straight to you. Anyone who posts JLH gifs has my admiration, she's the perfect woman.

You've done it the right way. Screw Texas, Okalahoma, Oklahoma State and Baylor, they all cheat their ass off. Iowa State has paid their dues, the fanbase has suffered and built it up the right way.

I have a ton of respect for y'all. Good luck the rest of the way, win the conference and Go Cyclones!

not quite sure why you would come here to post about ref performance after a win, but props to TTU, you slapped us in the face and made us your ***** tonight. Congrats to you!

Reactions: ttuadvisor

Clyde4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2018
We just haven’t thrived in the close games. Our 3 Big 12 losses are by a combined 12 points. I have not detected any quit in this years team.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron