***Official Iowa State vs Texas Tech Gameday Thread***

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
I agree. I'm ashamed that I've defended SBR as long as I have. He's truly worse now than he was when he arrived. He's worked really hard to become a terrible QB.

I don't know who/what the solution is, and it's obvious that our staff doesn't either.

But hey, they've saved me a ton of money for next year, though. No more FB tickets and I can drop my donation down to the level required for my BB tickets.

Its a pretty damning fact for this coaching staff that in 6 years, every one of their QBs has either leveled off or gotten worse.

KillBilly

Jul 2, 2010
Dallas, TX
That's over 60!

Seriously, how did we play these guys to a 3 point game last year? What the hell has happened to create such a wide gap between these teams in just one year? It's not like the NFL where you can completely rebuild your team in an off season. Just so bad.

Let me offer a few suggestions:

1. Kingsbury stresses coach evaluations over Rivals/Scout/247 rankings (unlike Tuberville) so he recruited Mahomes, a 3-star instead of several higher ranked Texas QBs. His players are stepping up at WR and on defense.

2. Mahomes was the Max Preps National High School athlete of the year his senior season. He's the real deal.

3. Tech ponied-up the money to hire a real DC. David Gibbs is our 6th new DC in 6 years, hence our garbage defense reputation, which is deserved. But Gibbs has the respect of the entire team and in every game except Baylor, the defense has improved...maybe not statistically but based on "the eye test."

4. The real deal: The past couple years, Tech was the worst in the Big 12 in turnovers lost and 2nd worst in penalties. Gibbs preaches takeaways and it's showing in our defensive interceptions. And Kingsbury stressed during the offseason and during practices no penalties, don't turnover the ball on offense, and strip that SOB on defense. Before the Baylor game, Tech was #1 in the Big 12 for fewest penalty yards. That may have changed but Tech is at least in the top 3. And I believe instead of last in the NCAA, Tech is #6 in turnover margin this season. That's a huge improvement.

Honestly, I love the annual Tech/ISU game because it is (almost) always competitive no matter the teams' relative standings in the conference. And I firmly believe Clone fans are among the best in the conference. I'm glad Tech won today but I wish the game was more of the usual slugfest so y'all had something positive to take away from the game. Hopefully, after surviving the next two weeks, ISU turns the corner. Good luck guys.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
He would probably like to be terminated before Baylor and TCU, honestly.

GROG

Sep 21, 2013
Maybe ISU would be farther ahead to drop to NCAA I-AA and joint the Missouri Valley Conference for FB.

Being chronically noncompetitive gets old.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Thought that was probable. We could break our own record in two weeks at Baylor. What is the record?
We could, but as someone else said in another thread.....TCU gets 775, CPR will say it's proof positive the 3-4 does work.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Let me offer a few suggestions:

1. Kingsbury stresses coach evaluations over Rivals/Scout/247 rankings (unlike Tuberville) so he recruited Mahomes, a 3-star instead of several higher ranked Texas QBs. His players are stepping up at WR and on defense.

2. Mahomes was the Max Preps National High School athlete of the year his senior season. He's the real deal.

3. Tech ponied-up the money to hire a real DC. David Gibbs is our 6th new DC in 6 years, hence our garbage defense reputation, which is deserved. But Gibbs has the respect of the entire team and in every game except Baylor, the defense has improved...maybe not statistically but based on "the eye test."

4. The real deal: The past couple years, Tech was the worst in the Big 12 in turnovers lost and 2nd worst in penalties. Gibbs preaches takeaways and it's showing in our defensive interceptions. And Kingsbury stressed during the offseason and during practices no penalties, don't turnover the ball on offense, and strip that SOB on defense. Before the Baylor game, Tech was #1 in the Big 12 for fewest penalty yards. That may have changed but Tech is at least in the top 3. And I believe instead of last in the NCAA, Tech is #6 in turnover margin this season. That's a huge improvement.

Honestly, I love the annual Tech/ISU game because it is (almost) always competitive no matter the teams' relative standings in the conference. And I firmly believe Clone fans are among the best in the conference. I'm glad Tech won today but I wish the game was more of the usual slugfest so y'all had something positive to take away from the game. Hopefully, after surviving the next two weeks, ISU turns the corner. Good luck guys.

Wait... so he recruited the national HS player on the year but that same player was only a 3 star recruit? Something doesn't add up.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron