*** Official ISU vs KSU Gameday Thread ***

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
KU HAS KICKED TWO FGS SO FAR TODAY IN AUSTIN.

WE HAVE NOT BEEN IN THE RED ZONE YET.

Start the bus. It would be easier to forfeit.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Hopefully everyone can at least agree that the offense is the biggest concern, it's a miracle we're only down 4 scores with an offense that has only managed to get into 50 yard field goal range once the entire game. Biggest criticism of our D is they had a bad first quarter and they have bad hands. This O has got to go, we're better off trying a completely new system mid-season next week.

Amesboy

Feb 25, 2012
Our offense is an embarrassment. When your talent is average, you're going to need excellent coaching, smart playcalling and great execution in this conference. We have NONE of that. We're terrible in those areas and then thinned by injuries. We're woefully putrid.

It's hard to watch. Zero offense, Zero coaching, and ridiculous play calling. Wow !

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
How many open receivers have we missed today? That's not Mess' problem, that's an execution problem.

Of course, an argument can be made that Richardson's lack of development is Mess' fault but unfortunately for us Sam Richardson is just not that talented as a quarterback in the Big 12. No amount of coaching can fix talent deficiency.

Are you serious? Look at Texas Tech. They start a true freshman walk on that no one wanted and they execute all day. If the players aren't making plays it is ALL on leadership because either: the wrong play is called, the players aren't taught the fundamentals to make the play, or the wrong players are recruited (which would be an excuse if this wasn't year 5).

There is no defense for being THIS bad. I can coach a team to not score. Literally, I could do it. So could you. So could that dog turd in my lawn. Doing nothing is easy.

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
K-State is proof you don't need Peyton Manning at QB to be effective on offense. They use a system that perfectly fits the players and talent they have.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I'm just trying to figure out what the O works on all week.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I wonder what the coaches see in practice that makes them think Gary is a viable option in the return game.

tivo2224

Oct 19, 2009
Norwalk
Hopefully everyone can at least agree that the offense is the biggest concern, it's a miracle we're only down 4 scores with an offense that has only managed to get into 50 yard field goal range once the entire game. Biggest criticism of our D is they had a bad first quarter and they have bad hands. This O has got to go, we're better off trying a completely new system mid-season next week.

I hope everyone agrees its both the offense and defense that is horrendous.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
How many open receivers have we missed today? That's not Mess' problem, that's an execution problem.

Of course, an argument can be made that Richardson's lack of development is Mess' fault but unfortunately for us Sam Richardson is just not that talented as a quarterback in the Big 12. No amount of coaching can fix talent deficiency.

There's enough blame to go around and it's certainly talent, as well as coaching and development. If Messingham and company don't have a talented enough QB, then they should have gone out and recruited one. Our offensive problems go way beyond just QB though. Our OL is the worst in the B12. Our WR's are probably the worst or 2nd worst unit in the B12. Our RB's are average on a good day.

The defense is back to mid-90's level talent, which is scary because we actually have a fairly good DC and he can't do anything with this lack of talent.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
mj-laughing.gif

He'll be all conference by his junior season. You can see he has skills and size. He'll be out top CB next 3 years.

Doctor

Aug 19, 2011
I feel so bad for those who have to witness this crap in person.

Not getting tickets this year is the best thing that's every happened to me in my entire life.

Better than having kids, getting married, catching an 11-pound walleye...you name it. With the accomplishments of my life, I'm happiest with the decision to not get season tickets.